Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Captain of the Bloody Rose

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female
Number of posts : 2199
Animunny : 2810
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:03 pm

Joseph opened his eyes and lowered his arms staring up at the ceiling. "Oh how the mighty fall." he mused, closing his eyes onace more, this time more relaxed. He hummed to himself that same tune he had hummed when he first walked on deck, attempting to take him mind else where.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female
Number of posts : 1064
Animunny : 1131
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:13 pm

When Collins saw where they were going he was stunned. No that was too nice. He was utterly and completely shocked. Then she opened the door, and his jaw literally dropped. Before he could turn and ask her what the hell this was, she smirked and said simply, “Fix him.” Her green eyes flashing.

Collins was then left in the Captain’s quarters, a room he’d only been in a handful of times, treating a man who was in the Captains bed, something he had never seen in his life.

“You, are one lucky bastard.” Collins said, pulling up a chair to start examining Josephs back. Opening his bag he began to pull out his instruments, setting them out carefully, shaking his head.
Back to top Go down
http://madnessharnessed.deviantart.com/
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:24 pm

"Is that what you call this? Luck? I thought it was bad karma..." he winced. "I have to roll over, don't I?" he asked flatly, not looking forward to that idea.

Seeing Collins nod He sighed and did so, moving quickly and without a fuss, though his fists were so tight it was a wonder he didn't snap his own fingers off.

He cringed, biting his tongue as he moved to remove his shirt, his spine under neath inflamed. through his dark skin you could clearly see just where he had been hurt. To the touch the swollen areas were hot, and hard, his muscles spazeming now and again, resulting in more than a few knots in his back.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:29 pm

“Hm.” Collins said, examining each shard warm lump and sighing to himself.

“Whoever helped you with your back didn’t do a very good job. Fluid has gathered which is what causes you the pain. I can easily removed the excess liquid, but I’ll have to do it every few weeks for the rest of your life.” He said simply, pulling out a large syringe.

“Brace yourself.” He said simply, before stabbing him with the needle in the first warm spot. Quickly, he pulled out a clear liquid. Once the syringe was full he pulled it out and felt the area again, finding it was much softer now, and not as overly warm now.

Quickly, he finished up the others and then wiped down the area with antiseptic.

“Better now?” He asked, putting his kit away.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:34 pm

All the while, Joseph had remained silent, his eyes closed and face in his arms. When Collins asked if that was better he nodded. "Loads." he said, hesitating before pushing himself up. He was still sore, but with the pressure off of his spinal cord, he was able to move.

"For the record, noone's helped me with my back. I got hurt, stayed in bed, got up and kept going."
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Collins nodded, having put away his tools.

“Makes sense. It would explain why there was so much fluid gathered. Well you should be able to start doing things you haven’t been able to do for quite some time. I wouldn’t recommend anything crazy but I’m sure you’ll find yourself quite able to carry the miss now.” He said winking and grabbing his bag.

He laughed full heatedly when he saw the confused expression on Josephs face.

“Well you should probably tell the Captain you’re well now. I’m going back to bed. It’s the crack of dawn and I was up late last night.” Collins said sleepily, leaving the room without another word. Chuckling to himself.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:57 pm

Joseph raised an eyebrow then looked to the floor where his pillow and blanket remained. He hesitated, still a bit tentative as he bent down, picking them up, pleasantly surprised not to have doubled over from the pain.

He grinned, tossing the linens onto the bed before leaving the room. Nothing too strenuous... But he sure as hell was about to test what was too strenuous.

Out on the deck he eyed the ropes and rigging's, unable to hold the grin off his face, his eyes getting a certain glint to them he hadn't had for a while.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:12 pm

Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 FemalePirate

Jane herself was standing on the top deck, having relieved the deck hand who usually steered the ship at night. Her hand rested on the ships wheel and she sighed in pleasure. He had fought tooth and nail for her own ship, to establish herself as captain, to make as money as she did. Within hours they would be in port at one of the few pirate friendly ports on this side of the Caribbean. Of course she probably wouldn’t go on land. She was far too recognizable, and for some reason every man in a mile vicinity seemed convinced they could tame the woman that was Calamity Jane.

As she watched the sun rise over the water, listening to the waves crash against the bow, she felt much better. Dreamless sleep the night before, albeit with one hell of an encounter before that sleep. Looking down at her injured hand she flexed it and sighed. She’d have to clean up her study soon so that she’d have it in order when she started counting out the money and paying her crewmen. That clean-up job was not something she was looking forward to.

Then her mind jumped to Joseph, wondering if Collins had fixed him up yet. She felt really guilty about how much pain he was in, though some part of her got a bit of sick satisfaction from it. She couldn’t take his life, but at least he was in a world of pain. She squashed the thought as soon as it cropped up. While she could be cruel and heartless, she never wished another being unnecessary pain. She’d made her choice last night and she was going to stick by it. He would be free of any threats of his life from her, and she would be a fair Captain as if he was just like any of the others.

She sighed again, running a hand through her mane of hair. Putting a hand in her pocket she felt the cross he’d thrown to her the night before. Considering the events of the night before she needed to give this back to him. She had no reason to distrust him now.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:17 pm

She was drawn from her thoughts by a loud whistle.

Up above, sitting nestled in the ropes like it was where he belonged was Joseph, grinning a snarky grin from ear to ear, one arm tied around a lead rope, one foot planted on a beam and the other handing in the air. "Morning Cap'in!" He called, tipping an imaginary hat to her.

His dark hair seemed lighter with the rising suns beams shining through it, though his sun kissed skin looked all the more golden. There was a reason he was a pirate. He loved what he did, and was damn good at it.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:21 pm

Jane didn’t hesitate. She pulled out her pistol, retrieved when she had gone to check the damage to her study, and cocked and fired the bullet landing in the beam he was standing in. Why she shot at him no one would really get. Most people would have been terrified of accidently shooting him. But Jane was confident in her shot, becuase hell, she was the best shot on the seas. And when he jumped, grabbed another rope and saved himself from falling she knew he was back to his old self. That he had been healed somewhat.

Putting away her pistol, she gave him a half hearted wave, telling him to come down. There was no way she was going to yell with her headache.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:24 pm

Even from that distance she could just see the pout on his face as he made his way down in three short jumps.

He was a little sore, but something told it it was more from being out of shape than anything. He righted himself and sighed before heading up the steps to meet Jane at the wheel. "Collins has hangs of magic." he said simply. "How's the headache?"

His voice was that same calm tone he had used that morning, not at all aggravating to the migraine she undoubtedly had.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:30 pm

“As usual.” Jane said coldly, before stopping herself. If she was really going to let this go, let her grudge go, treat him like another crew mate, then she needed to start now. He had crossed the line from normal crewmate of course last night when he’d nearly destroyed himself trying to help her. Muttering under her breath she cleared her throat and began again, refusing to look at him.

“Thank you for risking your back last night. I didn’t keep my promise and for that I am sorry.” She started, wanting to kick herself for what she was about to say. “As your Captain if I can’t keep my promises then I have no hold over you. I understand if you leave the moment we hit land.”

Was Jane a cruel woman? Yes, but she was a woman of her word. She had honor and when a promise was broken she believed full heartedly that any trust someone had in another was gone. If she ever broke a promise to a crew member she let them go without asking any questions. That was her way. It had happened very rarely, in fact she could count on one hand each promise she had broken during her time as Captain. Only one had ever left her employ.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:35 pm

Joseph raised an eyebrow at her. "well, if you're that eager to be rid of me." he said. "I had planned on staying even after I paied my debt if you would have me." he said honestly. "I'm 32 years old. I was the so called Dread Pirate Roberts for a full 15 of them. I've had my fill of the spot light." he informed her.

[questions:a; is there magic in this world? b; any chance of killing off skip and making joseph first mate?]
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Jane turned to him in surprise, her hangover and pure surprise not allowing her to keep up her guarded expression. Part of her was jumping up and down inside like a little girl. Having the dread pirate Roberts on her ship answering to her would multiply her infamy, and more importantly he was one hell of a fighter. Another part of her was thoroughly confused and little miffed. She had almost hoped she’d be able to just chuck him off her ship and never think about him again, but no dice. And then there was one very small part that was insanely pleased and was it there, yes, happy that he wanted to stay.

“That, would be fine.” Pulling the cross out her pocket she handed it back to him. “Since you are well I expect you’ll be able to complete that mission?”

Her mind was taking dangerous turns, and she needed to get the topic off anything remotely sentimental.

((I was going to leave magic out. But if we want to add it like Pirate of the Carribean style I'm cool with that. And yes, I was already planning on killing off Skip soon. lol))
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:47 pm

"I gave you my word that I would." he said. "I intend to keep it."

His two toned eyes watched her as she pulled out his leather cross. It was more precious to him than any treasure, though he would never make it known... well, not intentionally.

[well Xd the reason i ask is I found an epic pic... http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=pirate+man#/d2ss8ul]
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:52 pm

Jane watched his reaction carefully, noting how his eyes immediately jumped to the cross as if it was life itself to him.

“Your wifes?” She asked softly, her voice losing the harsh tone to it. When his gaze snapped back up to her’s she immediately backed off, deciding she didn’t want to know.

“Forget I asked.” She said, dropping the cross into his outstretched palm. She didn’t know why, but the thought of him and this woman he would murder an entire town was not putting her in a pleasant mood. In fact, if she had known what it was, she might have even said she was a wee bit jealous. Of course, Jane shook it off. She was never jealous of any man. Ever.

“We’ll be in port in a few hours. I suggest you sleep today so you’re ready for the mission tonight.” It was obviously a dismissal, her eyes rooted on the horizon.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:57 pm

He put the cross back around his neck and watched her for a moment. He knew had been dismissed but...

"My son made it." he said simply. "... It's the only real memory I have of the boy." he admitted, tucking it into his shirt. "Feel better Miss." he said before walking off, headed down to his and Collins' room.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Jane stayed at the helm until midday, far longer than was necessary with Skip already up and barking out orders. She stayed until they had reached port, guiding the ship in herself, telling people what to do from the helm rather than as she walked the ship. It felt good she decided, bringing in her own ship. She hadn’t done that since the early days when she had still dressed as a boy.

Quickly her men unloaded and Skip went off to start the haggling process. She let the men off early, as they weren’t going to be in port for more than a night, paying some of them an advance in their gold since she didn’t have money to give them just yet from their bounty.

As the men ran off, leaving her with only a basic guard she put her study back together, cleaning up the broken glass and gathering the belongings she had thrown in her rage. Skip had returned just as she finished up, finding her absent mindedly cleaning, her mind obviously elsewhere.

“Capn’ I have the gold.” he said, placing three large bags on the desk.

“Thank you Skip. Go off and enjoy yourself please.”

He nodded but before he got very far, he turned back and asked, “Anything on your mind Capn’?”

“No Skip.” She said simply, sending him away with a nod.

She sat down and pulled out the gold and began her counting, setting aside the gold needed to pay each man. Yet, her mind kept coming back to the tanned man with two different colored eyes who had completely taken her by surprise in the last 24 hours.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:10 pm

There was a knock on her cabin door not too long after Skip had left her.

It was Joseph, his hair tied back and his two toned eyes out in the wide open, sword on his side, pistol and a dagger in his boot. He really did look like a swashbuckler as he waited for her to answer. No wonder people feared the Dread pirate so much. Just looking at him was unsettling.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:15 pm

“Come in.” Jane said coolly, trying not to lose count as she set aside another pile of gold into a small bag. She cursed when she dropped it on the floor, her hurt hand having trouble gripping anything properly. It was really starting to get annoying. The gold of course went skidding across the floor, one coin rolling to hit against his boot, the one man she didn’t want to see at that moment, when her mind was already preoccupied with him.

“Ah, its you.” She said, leaning down to pick up the dropped bag with her good hand and gathered the coins.

“I know exactly how much was in the bag so don’t even think about it.” She said dangerously, as she sat back down heavily, holding out her hand for the coin that was right in front of him. Like hell she was going to bend down right in front of him to get it.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:19 pm

"Wouldnt dream of it." he said tossing it into her hand with no real effort in aiming. "I just needed to know the name of the man I'm supposed to be looking for is all."

it explained the get up. he was dressed to intimidate. he was going to go collect money, he had to look the part.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:06 am

She caught the thrown coin fairly easily, her reflexes honed and well trained after years of fighting. Catching the coin however, made her have to reach out rather far, displaying her…assests well and drawing attention. Also, it gave her a full view of him ready to collect for her. He looked, well there was no other word for it, he looked good.

Shaking her head as if she was trying to rid herself of annoying fly she looked away quickly, her eyes going back to her coins forcing the very bad thoughts out of her mind/

“Thomas Hart.” She said simply, refusing to look at him as she filled another bag with another man’s pay.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:11 am

"Al'ight." he said, watchign her for a moment more. He tipped his hat, actually wearing one now, stepped back out of her cabin. 'I'll be back with your gold or sword in 2 hours." he promised.

Seeing her nod he closed the door and disembarked, frowning as his boot hit the stone walkway of land. First place to try, the local pub. He woudl ask arond, find out where and who this man was, then get to work.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:17 am

Jane tried to work. She really did. But she couldn’t get bloody mind off the rogue that had left her study with that damnable smirk on his face and that self confident swagger. It was driving her nuts.

“Fuck it.” She said, standing up and grabbing her cloak. She was going to go to the pub and have a couple drinks and distract herself with some mindless blokes who she would never take home but would mess with their heads anyway. She needed some kind of distraction and this would do just as well as any other.

When she entered the pub she wasn’t surprised as every man in the room turned to stare hungrily at her, except her own crew of course. They knew better than that. However, they did look at her in surprise. She hadn’t set foot on land in quite some time. Lucky for her she had arrived a few minutes after Joseph had left. Ordering her drink she leaned against the bar and watched the people, occasionally replying to something someone asked her, though never giving any one man much attention.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas on the other hand had already locked himself in his house, having heard from his spies that the Bloody Rose had docked. Which of course meant that crazy bitch was around.

“Like hell she’s getting anything from me.” He said, looking nervous as hell. He should, he had stolen her inheritance right under her feet after all.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:24 am

Joseph made his way through the town, headed to the house he had been directed to.

His duster fanned out at his heels as he walked, his two toned eyes hidden by the shadow of his hat as he approached.

He stepped right up to the doorstep, knocking twice loudly. "Queens Errand!" he announced loudly, his shirt unbuttoned to show off the tattoo that had been forced upon his flesh. In one hand he held a rolled up piece of parchment.

Looked legit enough...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Captain of the Bloody Rose    Captain of the Bloody Rose  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Captain of the Bloody Rose
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next