Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Flower and the Snake

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Madness
Madness

Female
Number of posts : 1064
Animunny : 1131
Registration date : 2009-02-23

The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 6:31 pm

Rose nodded, enjoying the warmth and comfort of the warm drink and good company. She had to admit, it was nice spending time outside of the castle. Normally on Hogsmeade visits she used the quiet time in the common room to study without distractions. In fact the last time she’d even gone to the village had been last school year because she had run out of ink for her quill. This had been long overdue for her, and being there with Scorpius made it that much better.

Wanting to keep things from getting awkwardly silent Rose decided to finally ask him one of the many questions that had been swirling in her head.

“Hey, I hope I’m not prying but you mentioned you weren’t going home this Christmas? How come? From what I remember you always go home.”

((Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten. =P ))
Back to top Go down
http://madnessharnessed.deviantart.com/
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female
Number of posts : 2199
Animunny : 2810
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 6:41 pm

[:p well its a big plot point lol]

Scorpious paused, about to take another sip. He put the mug down shrugging. "Change of passe." he said.

No wonder he didn't lie often. He sucked at it.

"What are you doing for christmas?" he asked, attempting to change the subject from him to her.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 6:48 pm

Rose noticed immediately that he was lying to her. He was hiding something but what? Quickly her mind went through everything she knew about him and his habits which was sadly very little. It just seemed off. The last year of school and you’re not going to go home when you have every year? Especially with what happened to his eye should would think he would want to go home for a few weeks.

“I’ll probably go home like I usually do. My family has a big Christmas celebration every year with all parts of family. This year will probably be much better since Hugo and his girlfriend finally broke up. I wont have to walk around a corner to see them snogging each other any more.”

Suddenly a very thoughtful gleam entered her eye, a sparkle that was always there when she was thinking of something mischievous.

“Well, since you aren’t going home because…you wanted something different,” She made it painfully clear with her tone of voice that she didn’t buy that reason at all, “Are you planning on just staying at the castle or would anything different do?”
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:02 pm

"I was going to stay at the castle, under the radar." he admitted. "Study, make merry by myself... I guess."

He eyed her suspiciously. "Why?" he asked carefully. His mind was already working. She wasnt planning on inviting him to her house was she? If so he woudl have to say no, though for the life of him he couldn't figure out a way to say that without coming across as snobbish.

His grandfathers letter poped back into his mind and brought a frown to his face. No, he wouldn't be able to go to her house, if he did he might eventually put her in harms way intentional or not.

He pushed all the thoughts away though, quick as a flash and took a small sip of his butterbeer.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:09 pm

Rose swirled her butterbeer in the her glass, watching his reactions carefully. She could see him getting suspicious, but underneath that was discomfort. He probably was guessing what she was implying and the idea made him uncomfortable. That wasn’t good. Slightly hurt though she wasn’t sure why she decided to divert away from that line of thinking.

“Oh I was just entertaining the thought of you coming with me for Christmas, but I doubt you’d want to spend time with my crazy family. Studying alone sounds rather boring though you know, and why would you want to stay under the radar?”

Her suspicions were growing by the minute, though she kept that to herself.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:24 pm

"Well, I'm not exactly on my grandfathers good side missing an eye and all." Scorpious pointed out with a small awkward smile. ".... Look..." he shifted to sit more on the edge of hsi seat a bit hunched over his mug. "You recall how in the history of magic year three we were taught about the Order of Merlin and the Knights of Lefay and all of those different sword posts?"
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:35 pm

Rose raised one eyebrow in such a McGonagall like way that those that looked her way wanted to cringe slightly. Oh did she know about what Binns had called the “Knights.” From what she knew that original group was what started the tradition of giving an Order of Merlin award for good and righteous deeds. However, the knights of Lefay had supposedly been destroyed a few hundred years following the Goblin War of 1654.

She related that information to him, her eyes full of curiosity.

“However, there are legends that say the original Knights still exist, passing on ancient practices that have long since been forgotten in this day and age. Why do you ask?”
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:11 pm

"Well, Voldemort came to power by being adopted into the Knights." he stated. "He sort of took the idea and warped it into his own views, renamed them as death eaters." he explained. "Naturally, even though Voldemort is long since gone, the Knights remain, as they did before him. But their views are still warped."
He frowned , his long fingers tracing the edge of his mug, figuring Rose was smart enough to fill in how he knew about the Knights. "In any case, I received a letter earlier this year informing me I am to be inaugurated into the Knights this Christmas holiday. It's, uh.... Not exactly something you can turn down persay."
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:18 pm

Rose caught on quick. She kept her face neutral, expressionless really, while she processed the information he had just given him. Voldemort in the Knights of Lefay? It would make sense. After all, the knights were known for their desire for power. Their whole purpose was the search for and acquirement of power no matter what it took to get it. From what she knew of the Dark Lord and his miraculous rise to prominence and power, he would have fit in right along the Knights, and they would have loved his belief system. Or perhaps his belief that there is no good and evil, only power came from them?

“You’re trying to hide from them.” She stated matter of factly, her tone no longer light and airy like it had been earlier. This was fast turning from a nice normal date, to something far beyond what Rose had ever had to contemplate before.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:25 pm

His stormy gray eye slid to the left looking away from her. "So to speak..." he murmured. His long fingers had stopped tracing the edge of his mug, though the coppery liquid inside rippled from his hand shaking.

There was something there. Some deep seeded fear of... something. Though he kept it off his face, his normally calm poise posture was crushed by his rigid back and fidgeting hands.

"I figure if I avoid Kings Cross this winter I'll be able to avoid them for the most part... I'll just keep in the castle, send an owl stating I had studies to attend to... Hope to get off that way."

He swallowed, though hadn't taken a sip of his drink in a while now.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:45 pm

Rose sighed and rubbed her temples. A headache was forming steadily behind her eyes. Before she said anything else she reached out her hand and took his, steadying him. Rose looked years older at that moment, carrying knowledge that none of her classmates had ever had to think about in their lives.

“I’m staying with you then.”

She wasn’t going to let him talk her out of it, nor was she going to let those bastards take him. He was good now, pure in a way. Left to those remaining psychos they would destroy everything that she cherished.

“Don’t argue with me either.” she said, cutting him off before he could say a word. “I’m the daughter of a family that gave their lives to defeat the Dark Lord. I come from those that lived and breathed for the Order of the Phoenix. We would never turn our backs on someone who was fighting against darkness, no matter its form, and I wont leave you to do this alone. I wont let them take you from me."
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:51 pm

Scorpious frowned. "So much for a carefree date, hm...." he wrapped his cold fingers around her hand, his gray eye moving to watch her face. "Guess your father wasn't too far off about my family."

he took a deep calming breath, closing his eye before reopening it. "Thanks." he said. "And... Sorry too."

He hadn't really wanted to tell her. He didnt want anyone to worry over him- he could worry over himself. Though, knowing he had someone in his corner was reassuring and made him feel he actually did stand a valid chance in avoiding his Grandfather in the upcoming 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:01 pm

Rose chuckled lightly, her smile warm again and genuine. “Don’t worry about it.” She held his hand tightly, trying to warm it with her own.

“My father is prejudiced by the evils he’s seen in his life. If he knew you like I do, he wouldn’t feel that way anymore. You’re not your family Scorpius.”
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:13 pm

Scorpious smiled at her, unable to help himself. He loved that smile of hers. It was contagious.

"Scorpious- Fancy seeing you here."

Scorpious kept his smile in place though forced now. "Speak of the Devil and he'll show up..." he sighed looking over his shoulder, not bothering to let go of Rose's hands. "Auntie Dephane, Afternoon." he greeted.

The elder witch with long black hair smiled at her nephew, her eyes grazing over his and Roses hands. "I came to pick up a dress I ordered and was told I might find you here with your new..... Squeeze." she worded herself before looking back to Scorpious. "How's the eye?"

"Missing." Scorpious said dully.

"Pitty. Well, back to the matter at hand, I overheard something about Christmas break. You'll be visiting us, naturally."

"Actually, I'll be staying on Campus this year." his eye moved back to Rose. "I have Newts after all."

"Oh." she said loftily, pursing her lips. "And I suspect your grandfather knows?"

"He will now." He pointed out calmly. "Besides. You know as well as I do my mother and Father woudl rather I focus on school then a senseless Holiday."

"Yes well, your parents aren't really the two who count now are they?" She scowled at ehr nephew as though he had said something dirty.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:30 pm

(( LOL couldn't help myself. IF you'd rather I change it thuogh I will. lol))

Rose watched the exchange with interest, keeping her face neutral though she felt insulted by woman’s comment. This was to say lightly, very interesting indeed. How much had the woman overheard of their conversation? Did she know what Rose had said exactly? She was pretty sure that this Daphene was familiar. At least the name seemed familiar. Where had she heard it. That’s right!

“Mrs. Perfellow, second cousin to Narcissa Malfoy I presume.” Rose said, her tone confident and almost as haughty at the damned woman before her.

“It is nice to see you again. Especially in…nicer circumstances.”

Scorpius’s aunt looked at her like she had dung under her nose, examining her for the first time with any real interest. Before she’d said anything Rose was just another girl that Scorpius was playing around with until the family chose a wife for him.

“I do not think we’ve been acquainted before…dear.” She said the last word so sickly sweet, that had Rose not been tightly controlling her emotions she might have flushed.

“Oh I’m sure you don’t remember. I was but a young girl then. The last time I saw you, why, you were in the Ministry of Magic for a trial hearing. Something about dark objects found in your home. I am so glad that was all cleared up…or was it?”

Suddenly it dawned on her who was sitting in front of her, and Daphene visibly stiffened. Rose had been at work with her father when the Perfellows had been brought in. It took them weeks to untangle themselves from the mess, and quite a lot of money from the Malfoys. She’d never forget the look of loathing that the woman had shot her father and his best friend, Harry Potter. Now, sitting in front of her was that same little girl, only now she was holding Scorpius’s hand and looked far too smug about it.

“Ah yes…well. Lovely to see you Scorpius. I’ll be sure to let your grandfather know you are well.”
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:42 pm

Scorpious dared to kiss Roses hand on the knuckles before looking back to his aunt appearing bored. "Afternoon auntie." he said in farewell, watching the woman storm off.

Scorpious did a sort of sigh and chuckle. "Well, I'm fairly sure I will have to write Gringots and have them transfer money into my personal account for safe keeping now."
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:47 pm

“Good. Get it away from her greedy hands. I’ll never forget the day I first met her. My dad told me what she was in there for too. Looked at my uncle like she wanted to skin him alive.” Rose stopped herself there before she got herself worked up into a righteous rant.

“Are you going to get in trouble with your family now though?” She asked, glancing down at their still intertwined hands.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:51 pm

"Oh yeah." he said. "Well... Extended family. I doubt my parents will much care... My father isn't part of the Knights, so I doubt he'll be cross."

Scorpious kissed her hand once more, this time letting his lips linger. "And I'm sure the only reason my Grandfather wants me is because of my smarts."

He sat up, pulling his face away from her hand sitting properly now. "But so is the life of a Malfoy. Used and abused until we earn our keep."
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:01 am

Rose blushed lightly, the warmth of his lips still lingering on her fingers. She tried to distract herself by looking anywhere but at his handsome features, her blush deepening as she thought about the thing she was trying to avoid looking at. Coughing lightly she spoke, trying to cover up how flustered she was.

“So, why is your father not part of the Knights…I would have thought he would be?”
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:07 am

Scorpious shook his head. "No, he was never really into the entire Blood Purity thing himself... he supported his father was all, and held up a good disguise to the public. If I recall, he even mentioned in one of the old diaries I read he had a crush on your mother their first year." he recalled.

"He told me all about the War in hopes I wouldn't fall into he same trap and follow like a blind sheep like he did."
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:12 am

Rose nearly snorted, though not in amusement like some would have. No it was pure surprise.

“Oh wow really? You know my mom used to like your dad too? She told me that much at least.” She laughed then thinking about the unlikeliness of that world. Hell she and Scorpius wouldn’t have ever existed, and if they did they would have been siblings. The thought made her shudder slightly.

“I wish I knew what had happened in the war. I mean I’ve exhausted every book on the subject and probably know more about it then most people, but for merlin’s sake my parents fought the dark lord and they wont tell me anything. Keep saying they’ll tell me someday.”
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:18 am

"I could tell you my fathers side of the story." he offered. "At least youll know some of it, right?"
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:17 am

Rose nodded. Finding herself leaning forward eagerly so that she could hear him better.

“If you feel comfortable sharing of course.” She said, not wanting to appear to eager.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:21 am

And so began a 2 hour long story time with Scorpious Malfoy.

4 mugs of butterbeer later, ad a shared plate of pumpkin pasties, he finished by explaining his tattoo.

"So after the war and my family was pardoned my grandfather became somewhat obsessed with the Dark lord. I remember as a child he would scare me sometimes with stories about him returning during our day and age." He frowned. "I also remembering him distinctly telling me once I would be a marvelous new Dark lord." he shuddered at the thought rubbing his arm. "My tattoo's to remind me never to go down that path."
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:30 am

Rose was silent. She had been silent throughout his explanation, keeping her questions to herself so that he could tell the tale without interruption. And what a tale it was. She was certain she knew things now that even Uncle Harry didn’t know. Things he probably would never want to know. And she knew things about her mother and father that she never dreamed of. The fighting they went through, the tortures at Malfoy manor, watching their loved ones die. She’d always known that her Uncle Fred had died in the war, but she’d never known exactly how until just then.

Of course there was still pieces missing in this puzzle. She could feel it in her gut that having the incomplete picture was wrong. The whole story needed to be known, and not just by her. The true horror of working under the Dark Lord could never be fully imparted by some book from a person who wasn’t even there. Reporting figures and statistics would never be enough.

“I…never knew how horrible it really was. No wonder…they…Thank you. For telling me all this. Your father isn’t the person people claim he is.”

She had a great respect now for Draco Malfoy that she had to confess had not been there before. She had assumed he was just like the others. She’d read his rap sheet just like all the others and she had her fathers hatred as evidence as well. Now she knew there was much more to this man. Just as she knew there was much danger still in Lucius Malfoy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Flower and the Snake
Page 10 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next