Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Flower and the Snake

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female
Number of posts : 2199
Animunny : 2810
Registration date : 2009-02-03

The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:37 am

Scorpious shrugged. "Don't thank you, you have the right to know.... I know there are still things I don't know but I know more than most." he frowned.

He was silent for a moment. "I know there's something happening." he said. "I just don't know what. And I know if I of all people attempt going to the Ministry I'll be dead or worse within days."

That was a rather blunt and shocking closing statement. Yet there he was, sitting across form her as serious as a heart attack, holding his empty mug in his hands.

It made sense now. The spells he came up with- the way he never got close to people.... Why he took suck offense to the skull sucker comments tossed his way. Scorpious Malfoy would make one hell of an Auror...
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female
Number of posts : 1064
Animunny : 1131
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:46 am

Rose watched him carefully. She was getting the same feeling, had been for years. Something was not right in their world, and something in the past held the key to what was wrong now. If only she could figure it out!

What he said struck her though. He was right. He couldn’t just waltz into the ministry and say there was a threat to the wizarding world brewing out there. First off the ministry either wouldn’t believe him outright or would detain him thinking with his family history that he must have something to do with any threat. If he did get out of the ministry the Knights would come after him within hours. From what he told her of the takeover of the ministry and how it had occurred, she was certain some kind of information network still existed.

“I know someone you can tell. Someone who will believe you and help.” Rose said thoughtfully, her mind already in overdrive trying to come up with solutions.
Back to top Go down
http://madnessharnessed.deviantart.com/
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:49 am

"Who?" he asked raising a skeptical eyebrow at her. If she said harry Potter he woudl laugh. He knew Harry Potter and his Father still had bad blood between them no how they acted. He also knew if HE were in Harry's place he wouldn't believe Scorpious.

Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:53 am

Rose looked at him with a glint in her eye that should have been getting familiar for him. She had an idea, and it involved doing something she was sure he would not like all that much.

“There is one.” She started, a smile growing on her face. “The only one who ever believed your father was inherently good. My mother would listen, and she would believe you.”
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:57 am

Scorpious looked her over critically for a moment before a small grin began to tug on his lips. Oh, that devils grin of his... He agreed with her.

"Maybe. But the fact still remains I can't very well up and hot on the Hogwarts express to your place." he said. "The day after the Ball my Grandfather will be expecting me. If I'm not there he'll come looking. At least the walls of Hogwarts will keep me out of his reach."
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:02 am

Rose scoffed. She was mildly insulted.

“Are you daft? First off, I don’t take the express home for Christmas. Never have. They open up a fireplace on the floo network for me and the rest of the family here at Hogwarts so we go staright home. The perks of having the savoir as an uncle.”

She shrugged before smiling again.

“If you come with me for Christmas the Knights wouldn’t be able to get near you. My family has been on their list for years, think about it. We brought about the end of their regime so don't start worrying about putting any of us in danger. Besides, no one would dare come after you with a house full of Aurors there. My mother and you would be able to talk without raising suspicion as well.”
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:05 am

Scorpious chewed on his bottom lip for a moment, a new gesture she had never seen him do before.

He was weighing his options.

"How would you get your parents to agree to me coming in the first place?" he asked. "I woudl rather not get hexed the moment I step out of the fireplace."
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:11 am

She laughed outright then, the look on his face postivly entertaining. She had to laugh rather than what she wanted to do at that moment. Most would find someone chewing their lip would be unattractive, but not on this boy. Was there anything that Scorpius did that wasn’t absolutely stunning. Once again Rose found herself to be horribly ungainly and lacking in grace.

“Well, first off we don’t make a habit of hexing people that come visit us. Secondly, no one will hex you since they’ll know exactly why you’re there. Hugo has been bringing his girlfriend home for the holidays or going to her place for three years now, it’ll be no surprise that I’m finally bringing someone home myself.”

Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:14 am

Scorpious moved over a seat so he was next to her instead of looking at her. "You know." he smiled. "I like the sound of that." he said, brushing her red hair out of her face. "You bringing me home as your boy friend." he clarified.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:28 am

Rose blushed then. She couldn’t help it. She went almost as red as her hair at that moment. She turned away to hide her face, twiddling her fingers on her empty mug.

“I’d like that too.” She whispered, leaning into him slightly. She couldn’t believe her luck that this boy, no this man, chose her. That he cared for her. And yet, just as unlikely she cared for him as well. At that moment she wanted her family to know. Wanted them to see who she chose for herself. Damn whatever her father might say about the Malfoy’s, he was wrong about this one.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:33 am

Scorpious almost pouted when she turned away though settled for wrapping his arms around her. "...Oh!"

He suddenly let her go, reaching into his pocket. "I got you something."
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:36 am

“Something else?” She asked, turning to look at him. Her face had finally returned to its normal color, and her eyes were inquisitive.

“You’re going to spoil me you know.” she said, giggling.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:38 am

He shrugged. "You deserve to be spoiled." he said handing her the small box.

Inside was a small pendent carved out of a yellow stone in the spare of a rose. the edges of the petals were a dark red shade, melting into the yellow center.

"Sunburst." he said hoping she liked it. "It's a good luck charm."
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:43 am

“Oh I love it!” She said delighted, pulling the necklace out of box and put it around her neck. She played with the pendant a moment against the bare skin of her neck, enjoying the feel of it. She smiled wide, and hugged him hard, crushing him against her.

“Thank you.” She said softly into his neck, her sweet smell enveloping him. Rose pulled back before she could get too comfortable and said quickly, “We should be getting back to the castle. Its getting rather late.”
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:47 am

Scorpious grinned when she hugged him, glad she liked it."Does this mean you want to practice brewing the Death drought?" he teased, seeing how eager she seemed to be to get back.

he stood up though, leaving 4 gallions on the table. "But you have a point. We should start to head back."
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:56 am

“I wouldn’t say eager to start that potion. Eager to not get caught out late, definitely.” She laughed, standing up to take his hand as they left the pub. It was definitely getting darker outside, the wind starting to pick up. She pulled her scarf around her neck a bit tighter and sunk into her cloak to get warm.

They made the walk in companionable silence, buffeting themselves against the swirling snow and wind. When they made it inside, she was laughing as she shook off the layer of snow that had gathered on her clothes. Reaching out with her hand, she brushed the snow off of Scorpius as well, pausing on his hair to feel exactly how soft it was. She had been right. It felt like silk.

“Well, I should be getting up to my dorm. Otherwise people might worry. I’ve got to write a letter to my mum anyway.” She paused for a moment, seemingly not wanting to say goodbye. “Meet tomorrow after breakfast to start practicing?”
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:06 am

The blond was laughing too, though it was mostly at the fact that just before entering he had slipped and nearly fallen.

When she suggested a time they meet the next day, he felt slightly disappointed that their night had to end so early.

Scorpious nodded though. "Tomorrow at breakfast then." he smiled.
He took her hand, kissing the top of it, his eye locked onto her face as he did so. "Sleep well."

After making sure she was n her way up to Griffindor Tower, he headed down to Slytherin house, unwrapping his scarf from his neck. He frowned, reaching up as he untied his eye patch. No one would be in the common area to stare, and besides, the patch was beginning to both the stitches.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:23 am

Rose made her way up to Gryffindor tower, and the entire way she felt like she was walking on air. She’d just been on a wonderful date with the most eligible bachelor at school, and not only that, he had consented to come to her place for Christmas! Sure it was also to inform her mother of a possible plot, but nevertheless he was coming home with her to meet her family. She could have started singing if it was in her nature.

She went straight to her room and grabbed some parchment writing out a letter for her mother. She spared her mother nothing, telling her about her first meeting with Scorpius, how things had been going since then, and about her relationship with him and the upcoming Yule Ball. She asked if he would be allowed to come with her for the holidays. She left out what they had talked about over butterbeers, deciding that was a conversation to be saved for when they actually saw her.

Once the letter was completely written it was far past midnight. She sealed it and decided she would wake up early to send it off and got into bed. A smile on her face as she fell into a deep sleep.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:33 am

Scorpious got into is bed, frowning up at the ceiling. He sighed, placing a hand over his sewn eye. It was a bit warm to the touch, so he woudl have to go see Poppy about it in the morning before breakfast.

"Psst.."

Scorpious blinked, looking over to his right where Edgar was sitting half up in his bed. "What is it?"

"... How's the eye?" he asked hesitantly.

"Gone." Scorpious said dully. "Nice shot. Is that all?"

He frowned. "Well... Me and a few of the other guys got owls today about the Knights and couldn't help but notice... well, you didn't."

Scorpious frowned. " What?" he sat up.

Edgar froze staring at his sewn eye. "I, well--"

"How many?"

"I would say 7 or 8 of us." he said. "Didn't you--"

"I got one weeks ago." he glared. "Go to sleep Edgar. I have no desire to associate with those who follow disillusioned dreams."
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 3:03 am

Rose woke the next morning at dawn, making her way to the owlery to have one of the school hours deliver her letter. She expected she probably get a response in the next few days, if not tomorrow. Her mother was rather prompt with her replies.

She stayed up there for a while as she watched the sun come up, listening to the soothing sound of the owls. She was startled by a girlish voice, one far too familiar for that beautiful morning.

“So this is where you’re hiding.” Lily Potter said, coming to stand beside her friend and watch out the window.

“So, what happened yesterday?”

Rose sighed looking over at Lily with an exasperated expression.

“You’re not going to let me off so easily are you?”

“Nope.” Lily smiled.

“Well…we went to get butterbeer.” Lily’s expression was impatient and she started tapping her foot.

“Alright alright. We went to that one place. The really fancy one we used to fawn over? Well, he…he bought me a dress.” At Lilys raised eyebrow she finally released the piece of information her friend really wanted.

“He…well he invited me to the Yule Ball.”

She squealed. The girl literally squealed.

“Oh my god! That’s so great! Oh wow I can’t believe it my friend Rose Weasley is going to the Yule Ball with the hottest guy in school!”

“You can’t tell anyone Lily!”

“Oh of course not. I’m sure everyone will figure it out soon enough. So were you telling your mum then?”

“Well yes. That, and asking permission…”

“He’s coming for the holidays?!” Lily said excitedly clenching her hands together. “Oh this is going to be the best Christmas ever!”

Rose sighed, though she had to smile too. This would be a marvelous holiday even with this whole Knight business.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 3:21 am

Scorpious pretended to remain asleep until the other students cleared out of the room. His eye felt better, and so he pulled his eye patch back on, pinned his hair back and got dressed.

He pulled his shoes on and grabbed his potion supplies.

---

The great hall was alive and roaring with laughter when Scorpious entered the room.

It didn't take him long to figure out why.

The ever charming french member of his house was sitting across from a large spectral version of scorpious- minus the eye patch. the look a-like had a spring popping out of it with a large sign that said 'Skulls are yummy' on it as the body danced.

He stopped where he stood, his face slowly heating up with anger.

He pulled his wand out, a gust sending a spectral illusion away and out of his seat. Despite his efforts though, the great hall was still alive with the laughter.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 3:37 am

Rose happened to walk in just as Scorpius swept away the specter. She placed one hand on his shoulder, calming him with her presence.

“Leave it.” She said softly, feeling his anger through his cloak. She didn’t stay there long however. Pulling out her wand, she said a single spell. Nothing too damaging or painful. She just turned Celina Boulise’s hair a charming shade of pink.

“I think that’s quite the improvement don’t you?” She said to Scorpius, before walking over to the Gryffindor table, the school still roaring with laughter. Except this time they were laughing at Celina’s bubble gum pink hair.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:21 am

Scorpious still stayed standing for a moment. He was greatful for Rose's efforts, but the fact remained that he was insulted and furious with Celina.

"What's the matter malfoy? Cat got your tounge?" Nott sneered from his seat.

Scorpious grabbed an apple, pocketing it. "You know, Nott...." the blond looked over. "I sugest you yourself learn when to hold your tounge. Everytime you open your mouth you seem to inevitably end up making an ass out of yourself." he stated cooly.

Nott's face went as red as a tomato as Scorpious walked off, Apparently suprising the Slytherins as he headded to the Gryffindor table, standing beside Rose. "Mind if I join you?" he asked, the seat open as far as he could tell.
Back to top Go down
kiizmaik
N00b
kiizmaik

Female
Number of posts : 43
Animunny : 54
Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:10 pm

((Please delete. Its MAdness agian. I really should check who's logged in before I post... Rolling Eyes ))
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:13 pm

Rose didn’t even get a chance to reply. Lily was all over it.

“Of course! No one minds right?” She looked at those nearby with the stink eye just daring them to say otherwise.

Rose looked up at him with surprise though they could all tell she was pleased he was there. When he sat down she imperceptibly moved a little closer to him as she offered him some food.

“So, Malfoy is sitting with us now?” Albus said, arriving for breakfast to find his seat taken. He moved over to sit next to his sister instead without making further comment, his expression unreadable.

“Well its only natural I should think. And Hugo keep your mouth shut we dealt with Susanna from Ravenclaw, Ariana from Hufflepuff and even that one girl from Slytherin that only lasted a few weeks. So don’t you dare say a word.”

Hugo who had his mouth open when Lily started her tirade shut it immediately to grumble into his food.

“Sorry.” Rose whispered softly, so only Scorpius could hear, “This is how it tends to work.”

“So, Scorpius, you don’t mind if I call you Scorpius do you? Well, what do you like breakfast wise? We’ve got sausages, toast, eggs over here..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Flower and the Snake   The Flower and the Snake - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Flower and the Snake
Page 11 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next