Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rewrite the Stars (open m/m)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mystiikins
Otaku Prince/Princess
Mystiikins

Female
Number of posts : 533
Animunny : 673
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) Empty
PostSubject: Rewrite the Stars (open m/m)   Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 10:42 pm

Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) A37dd5b4c0ca0b3537148858fe4cd10c

Grace had been born into servitude a life that just seemed normal to her, being told what to do and when to do it. As she grew she slowly worked her way from just being a small child working in the kitchens cleaning to a maid serving meals all the way up to the personal servant of the Prince, she could remember times when they had been children together; he was only a few years older than she was and Grace would often be caught playing with him in the kitchens or making funny faces at him to make him laugh during important meals. The Prince wasn't like everyone else in the palace who looked down on her for her lowly status of just a servant, he treated her like a person and Grace liked it. But that had changed when there had been Royals from neighbouring kingdoms visiting and one of the Kings had tried to assault Grace, one of the other maids who wanted to be a personal servant for the Prince had informed the King and Queen that she was fornicating with Royals and she had been punished.

Being removed from the status as a personal servant back down to maid hadn't hurt Grace nor did the ten lashes she received for her apparent disloyalty to her own kingdom, what had hurt was the stone cold looks and ignoring she had gotten from the Prince that broke her heart. Grace hadn't noticed it over the years but she had started falling in love with him and now, not being looked at by him or even being talked to hurt her.

That had been a month ago and Grace was still feeling the disgust from the other servants and those who did not know what had happened that night. Shaking her head Grace cleared her thoughts from her mind as she picked up the basket of fresh linen and walked down the hall to the Prince's quarters, he had been gone from the Palace for a few weeks visiting neighbouring kingdoms forging allegiances and so his new personal servant had gone with him and that was how she now found herself there placing clean sheets and preparing for his arrival as he was due back any moment. Hearing footsteps coming down the hall Grace focused on her work at hand keeping her head bowed and the front of her body angled away from the open door, she didn't need anyone who was walking down the hall to see the split lip, black left eye or massive bruise she had above her eye she had from one of the guards shoving her hard enough that she had tripped and hit her head on one of the stone walls of the courtyard.

Hearing the steps stop outside of the door Grace took a steadying breath as she worked on tucking the sheets in neatly, "I...I will be finished here in a moment" she called out softly thinking it was one of the higher up servants coming to get mad at her for not being fast enough with her chores.

(I've been listening to Rewrite the Stars from The Greatest Showman on repeat and this popped out xD)
Back to top Go down
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female
Number of posts : 522
Animunny : 625
Registration date : 2010-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Rewrite the Stars (open m/m)   Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) EmptyFri May 14, 2021 12:56 pm

Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) P0oOuAS
Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) ZSQossx

Prince Aleksander Konstantinos of Wysteros Islands was born for greatness. Or so he's always been told. By both mother and father, the King and Queen respectively. As long as he could remember his life has been no more than strict and timely lessons and obligations. There was nearly never empty spaces of time in between to just have fun.

Except for the moments he snatched for himself with her.

Grace.

She was the only friend he had outside the royal umbrella. A literal breath of fresh air.

His saving grace.

She'd been the one ray of sunlight filtering through the darkness. Since as his father and forefathers before him, he'd inherited Umbrakinesis. The ability to manipulate shadows at will. It's been the one study above all his father wished he'd master it and in a way, he has. He'd learned numerous techniques and improved his own skill, finding more strength in doing so during the night. And scarily so during moments of distress.

But the darkness always seemed to disperse from him when Grace was near. And all the anxieties and concerns of the day would cease when he spent time with her.

It was bliss the few moments he got to spend with her, laughter and play, her funny faces, her voice. Just being near her was enough. That was until everyone took note of his attentions toward her.

It was met at all ends with utmost unsatisfactory scowls and disapproving remarks.

They could see it from miles. His affections toward her.

Eventually her very name was defiled, she'd been accused of consorting with outside Royal ties. Of fornication.

His friend and confidante as well as his personal servant had been demoted from her status.

Removed from his side.

And in order to protect her from further misery, even if it pained him so, he needed to disregard her.

At every turn.

It meant they were amongst enemies.

Having been risen to attend to all manner of royal obligations, he met them all without fail. Forged allegiances and consoled with many noble peoples. Soon he departed back with his entourage to arrive earlier than normal as he wasn't feeling well. He'd have a royal representative attend to the rest.

The personal servant who'd been attending to him he bid her to go fetch him an herb for tea. Before he departed to his private chambers. Already, his sour mood summoned the swirling masses of inky shadows pooling at his feet. Spreading among the floor and walls as he stormed the lengthy corridors to his space.

He wished to be alone. To gather himself before the next fray.

And then he sensed her, long before he stepped through the threshold of his chamber.

Like a glimpse of light after a storm.

He nearly forgot to breathe.

There she was.

Grace.

She spoke a quiet apology whilst her hands worked on linens. Seeing her so shaken up like this, the injuries, the bruises. Who dared touch her? Heavy plumes of shadows lashed out beneath him, chilling and barely suppressed.

He shut the door behind him.

"Grace." He spoke low, his voice always a deep tenor, this time edged with gravity.

This couldn't be tolerated.

Last edited by Noctemys on Sun May 07, 2023 6:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://noctemys.tumblr.com/
Mystiikins
Otaku Prince/Princess
Mystiikins

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rewrite the Stars (open m/m)   Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) EmptySat May 15, 2021 4:36 am

Grace stopped when she heard Aleksander speak, even just hearing her own name leave his lips she closed her eyes and sighed softly as she stopped working on what she was doing and put it down slowly "I'll be done in a moment" Grace said again softly. Opening her eyes she glanced over at him for a moment before she angled more of her body away from him, she didn't like the idea of him seeing her in such a way.

A broken version of the girl he had grown up knowing, "If you wish, I can come back later to finish" she said after being quiet for a moment as she felt tears welling in her eyes but she ignored it as she put her back fully to Aleksander. She knew he hated seeing her sad and even though Grace had nothing left to lose as far as she was concerned, she didn't want to make him unhappy.

Running a hand through her hair a little Grace sighed softly, "I...I don't want to get in your way" Grace said with a small shake of her shoulders as she sniffled a little trying to stop herself from crying.
Back to top Go down
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rewrite the Stars (open m/m)   Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) EmptySun May 16, 2021 2:13 am

Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) X0e64vz

"You turn your back to me yet, Dear Grace?" He murmured, attempting to dispell the fiery plumes of smoke bleeding before him. Arcing up the walls like a drop of ink in a glass of water. Spreading farther still. "How unbecoming of you." His gaze on her like a hawk watching its prey. She was afraid. Was she always this fearful of him?

It most certainly cracked something deep in him, to think she'd regard him so.

After all this time.

Then again, ever since the rumors, the countless voices at his ear spewing all manner of vile accounts of her misconduct.....

It irritated him to no end.

He thought time apart would do him well enough, it only worsened his mood greatly.

Hand resting over the pommel of his sword he attempted to calm his tense constitution but he even found this a trying task.

He's been nothing but a network of tension all these weeks. It clung to him so, never once loosening its death grip on him.

"What I wish, is it?" He couldn't help the contriteness seeping into his tone. The sounds of her distress, her words alone pricked at him in ways no one else ever could. Was she mocking him?

No. It wasn't this at all was it? He knew her, in fact of all the subjects within Castle Durant she was the one he'd known the most.

"What ails you? Are you unwell?" They were in no position for the slightest misstep here. After all, he's still being watched. They all were.

Last edited by Noctemys on Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mystiikins
Otaku Prince/Princess
Mystiikins

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rewrite the Stars (open m/m)   Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) EmptyFri May 21, 2021 11:53 pm

Grace clenched her jaw as he spoke to her, her hands slowly clenched into fists and when he asked her what ailed her she spun on her heel to face him. The normal fearless woman he had grown to know over the years seeming to appear again. She didn’t care that he could see the bruises and cuts on her face clearly now, “What ails me?” She demanded angrily before she stalked towards him.

“Really? You are going to treat me like everyone else is and you have the gall to ask what ails me Aleksander?” Grace snapped angrily standing so there was an inch of space between them.

She wanted nothing more than to smack him hard, to grab him and shake him but she knew doing that would not be wise as she took note of where his hand was sitting.

Grace shook her head a little as tears continued to well in her eyes, “Do I look ill?” Grace asked sarcastically as she continued to study his face “Or did you merely wish to see what your guards have treated me to so you can treat them at a later date for their handy work?” She snapped angry with everyone around her that they believed what had been said about her, and even more so angry at Aleksander for not asking her what had really happened.
Back to top Go down
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rewrite the Stars (open m/m)   Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 10:23 am

The fierceness had returned to her. He quirked a brow as she approached, head inclined slightly, ready for it. As she spoke, he looked her in the eyes. Maybe the walls were listening now, maybe their eyes were watching too. But at this very moment, all he wanted, was her. All he cared for, all he's ever cared for, was bursting to life again for the first time in a long time and all he could do was stand there and take it in.

For when would he ever?

At her question, he parted his lips to reply but all that did was a breath. An exhale. He'd been holding it.

She hadn't been this close to him in what felt like centuries, and he would know of it wouldn't he?

The shadows spread ominously behind him, engulfing the room in darkness.

"Grace." He finally said, "That isn't it."

He lowered his head, his servant would soon realize the herb he requested didn't exist. He didn't have much time.

"I don't condone such treatment of staff." He finally said. "Nor do I celebrate it." He clanched his hands at his sides, the shadows writhed around them maddeningly. For such control he held over them was beginning to slip.  

They were screened in, no one would be able to see much else hear passed the darkness. For the moment, they were alone.

Last edited by Noctemys on Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mystiikins
Otaku Prince/Princess
Mystiikins

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rewrite the Stars (open m/m)   Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 10:13 pm

Grace studied his face, tears brimming in her eyes. When he said that he didn't condone or celebrate the treatment she had been going through she gave a small laugh and shook her head, "And yet, you never did anything to stop it" she said softly.

"Aleksander, you never asked me what really happened" Grace said frowning her delicate brow as she looked down at the ground with a small sniffle, "You chose to believe them over...me" she state her voice almost a whisper.

Hearing footsteps coming down the hall she took a deep breath and swiped at her cheeks angrily wiping away the tears that had escaped her eyes.

"You treat me just like everyone else does." She said softly as she raised her head and locked her eyes back on his "You may not have raised a hand to me, but you didn't even try to talk to me" giving him a small sad smile Grace shook her head a little "I thought you were my friend, to a degree."

Stepping away from him she turned her back so she could grab the basket she had been using to carry his towels and linens in, perching it on her right hip she turned and looked at him as she footsteps grew closert.

"Excuse me, your majesty, I have work todo. And I'd rather not get in anymore trouble." Grace stated lightly.
Back to top Go down
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rewrite the Stars (open m/m)   Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 10:09 pm

He narrowed his eyes, masking the pain in them with the look of apathy he wore so well. Or at least attempts were made, around her, he couldn't hide behind any walls. It was more complicated than she knew and he couldn't even begin to explain it to her. "What I believe matters little. I don't have any power over the king. Not now at least." How many times did father threaten to be rid of the nuisance? That it had become a distraction of the worst kind? If his father realized this woman still pervaded his dreams, well, he couldn't allow this to pass could he?

"I still am." He murmured, stepping away, pulling he shadows with him so the room would clear of the smoke-screen. He needed to draw distance between them, less anyone realized the binds that still held. "You're excused." He left the room step away into the bathroom, shutting himself in. Eyes closing, he forced himself not to look back. Not to stop her.

They cannot be found out again.

Last edited by Noctemys on Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mystiikins
Otaku Prince/Princess
Mystiikins

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rewrite the Stars (open m/m)   Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 11:35 pm

Grace shook her head a little when he said that she was excused and shut himself into the bathroom, walking out of the room she headed off to continue with the chores she needed to finish before anyone got a temper with her. Later that evening Grace was in the infirmary getting some new cuts on her face seem to, the palace doctor had been the only one to show her kindness since everything had happened. “It’s not as bad as last time” Grace said forcing a small smile even though it hurt to do so, she knew Aleksander had probably been summoned for now that he was back but she didn’t care as she sat on the bed looking down at the bruises on her arms and hands.

“I just need something so I can sleep for a little” she sighed watching the doctor bustle about a little as she rested her elbows on her knees and leaned forward to place her head in her hands, “I hate this” Grace whispered more to herself not caring if the doctor heard or asked her what she meant.
Back to top Go down
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rewrite the Stars (open m/m)   Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 6:20 pm

Through some investigation he found the culprit responsible for having touched Grace and well, had him removed from his station and ordered to go below the castle, where the dungeons lay. This is where Aleksander made the man pay dearly. With bone and blood before having him sent away by men sworn to secrecy. They will handle his corpse from here on out. The Prince returned upstairs, where he would then discover Grace was in the infirmary.

At the door, he listened to her voice, oh, was she miserable.

He opened the door and stepped though, there was Luther, the Royal Medic, tending to her. At seeing him the man stopped and bowed, "Your Highness."

"Leave us. If asked, you haven't seen me."

Luther nodded, bowed again and promptly left the room, closing the door as he went.

Aleksander stood before Grace, gaze steeled and hardened, every bruise on her flesh threatened to ignite the flint in his chest.

"Contrary to what you believe, I do not hold any ill regards toward you, Grace." And to that, he cast the room in darkness again, cloaking them through a thick veil of it where sound wouldn't travel past them.

They're safe.

"But as you've come to realize my family are quite prideful of their titles, their position in society, and the company they keep." He closed his eyes, the pressure rising in him, the urge to lash out against it all a raging maelstrom in his chest. "I don't have the patience nor the will to even attempt at persuasion, they will never accept you. And this is why you're in such undesired straights."

He opened his eyes, clenched his fists to keep himself steady. "I meant it when I said I don't condone any harsh treatments toward you." He peered at her now, "I had the guard responsible for your injury relieved of his service. He will never touch you again." Now the problem lied with everyone else, he couldn't outright rid the entire castle of guards when his rage got the better of him so, he needed a better plan. "Grace, I need you to tell me what actually happened." If he can clear the air, he can reappoint her a higher status. That way, no one would mistreat her. Status, after all, was everything.

Last edited by Noctemys on Wed May 03, 2023 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mystiikins
Otaku Prince/Princess
Mystiikins

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rewrite the Stars (open m/m)   Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 5:45 am

Hearing the door to the infirmary open Grace raised her eyes and glanced at Aleksander half heartedly, looking back down at the floor for a moment she realised who had walked in and her head snapped up as she sat upright so she wasn't slouched over anymore. Looking at him as he sent the doctor away she bit down on her bottom lip a little as he spoke to her, looking around the room when he cast it into darkness cloaking them she couldn't help but let out a small sigh. Her body seeming to relax almost instantly.

"I don't want to be accepted" Grace whispered with a small shake of her head, "I just want this" she started gesturing to the cuts and bruises on her body, "To stop" she finished giving Aleksander a sad look. A part of her knew he would never truely understand the hell that she had been through and she didn't think she would be able to explain it all to him.

When he asked her to tell him what had actually happened Grace could not stop the sudden tears that welled up in her eyes, cupping her hands in her lap she ducked her head down a little so she was mostly looking at her hands instead of Aleksander as she hated it when he saw her cry. "I was coming back to the great hall...I had gone to get you a refill of wine..."

Grace started, her voice kept low even though she knew he was the only one who could hear her in the moment. As she thought back to that night a small delicate frown came to her face as she did. Grace hadn't let herself think about what had happened after everything had transpired leaving her in her own living hell.

"He...One of the visiting Kings was waiting for me and he, he pulled me into one of the halls leading to the west wing...he tried to force himself on me and one of the other servants passing by heard me drop the pitcher...she didn't try and help, she just went and told your parents I was fornicating with him."

When she stopped talking she raised her head and looked up at him showing him that tears were rolling down her cheeks, even though her tears were going into the fresh cuts on her face Grace ignored the pain as she forced a small tired smile on her face.

"I didn't ask for it and I didn't want it...That's it...that's what happened."
Back to top Go down
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rewrite the Stars (open m/m)   Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2023 4:08 pm

It was something of a burden for himself as well, he never wanted to be apart of this life. Nor wished for it any longer if he was being honest with himself. He'd rather live a more humbler life, away from all of this. But the King wouldn't allow it, unless he were to be branded some sort of traitor, abandoning his people, his country, his position on the Throne.

Her words were lightning, striking him in unforgiving bolts, he closed his eyes at the reality of it, the weight. She'd been assaulted by another royal, a King at that, her words would be dismissed at the High Court, there's no evidence to back her and the sole witness had already falsified the event as it were. "You need protection, I won't allow anyone to touch you again." He'll have her reappointed to a higher position, "Miss Thistlewaith's the royal Apothecary, if you can work under her as an Apprentice, perhaps it'll suit you best." Under her care, there's sure protection.  
Back to top Go down
Mystiikins
Otaku Prince/Princess
Mystiikins

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rewrite the Stars (open m/m)   Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 7:29 am

Grace couldn't help but give a small laugh as she closed her eyes and shook her head a little when he said that she would need protection. She had gone for what felt like a lifetime without protection that that idea of having some now seemed so absurd. "There's no point" she said softly as she opened her eyes after a moment and looked up at him giving him a small sad smile, "I've gone this long without anyone so much as lifting a finger to help me...Protection now wont change anything." She knew him offering her protection with such a move would cause him problems of his won.

"I don't want you to get in trouble" Grace said gently as she slowly got off of the bed and stood up in front of Aleksander making sure to put on a brave face as she didn't like it when he worried about it. Sighing softly she shrugged her shoulders a little as she looked at him, "Remember, I'm just a servant. I'm replaceable and expandable and I should be grateful to even have a roof over my head" she said shaking her head a little echoing the words that had been spoken too her by Aleksander's father before she had been taken away too be whipped.

A part of her wanted to ask him if he had known about the whipping or if that had been something that his father had kept from him as it had not been a public affair as so many others before her had been. But Grace stopped herself from asking as she did not want to upset him more than he already was with the state that she was in.
Back to top Go down
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rewrite the Stars (open m/m)   Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) EmptyWed May 03, 2023 3:27 pm

The more she spoke the more he realized a mere request wouldn't suit, not one bit. So he watched her, like a mage inspecting their work, studying the smallest flaw in their craft. Having spent time with her before and going by all the troubles she went through merely for being acquainted with him of all people, it was only obvious really. Just what he had to do if he wanted to finally see results.

Eyes sharp, he leveled a stern look, one that suggested she not argue with him, "You trusted me once, didn't you?" Oh, he knew what would come from this, she needn't remind him, "So, just trust me and follow my lead." Then he dispersed the shadows and made his way to the door, expecting her to indeed, follow him out. He will ensure she make it to Thislewaith unharmed and become her apprentice. As for the rest, he'll handle it, especially his father.  
Back to top Go down
Mystiikins
Otaku Prince/Princess
Mystiikins

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rewrite the Stars (open m/m)   Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 1:42 am

When Aleksander mentioned that she had once trusted him she looked at him, her gaze questioning, "Yes" she said softly her voice cracking a little. He had been the only person she had trusted and had relied on. He was also the only one she had ever fallen in love with even though she knew it was wrong to love to the man she worked so closely with. When he added for her to just trust him and follow his lead she sighed softly. Grace knew there was no arguing or trying to change his mind from what he had set it too.

Slowly getting off of the bed when he dispersed into the shadows she moved carefully not wanting to aggravate the slowly building headache she was getting. "Honestly if you were not Prince I would not be following you right now" Grace grumbled. Following him to Thislewaith Grace stayed quiet and kept her head bowed down to look at the floor. Yes she trusted Aleksander but she wasn't sure if she could trust anyone else but him now. Once they arrived at their destination Grace stayed back a little wanting to make herself seem as invisible as possible.

It was something that had worked so well for her lately, acting as if she was not there and just a part of the background.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rewrite the Stars (open m/m)   Rewrite the Stars (open m/m) Empty

Back to top Go down

Rewrite the Stars (open m/m)
Page 1 of 1