Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Le Glossary Of RP terms II

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female
Number of posts : 521
Animunny : 624
Registration date : 2010-11-01

Le Glossary Of RP terms II Empty
PostSubject: Le Glossary Of RP terms II   Le Glossary Of RP terms II EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 7:39 pm

Here's another go at RP terms, some already well known and others new. Enjoy! <3
Glossary of RP’ing Terms
A
Action: Action RP’ing is probably the most basic of the styles. Normally denoted as *text* or -text-, action is generally done in the first person but can vary between RP’ers. Action RPs are often really minimal and straight forward.
Chaerin: -opens the door and pokes my head in- Jiyong oppa!
Jiyong: -looks up at the sound of your voice- Yes, Chae?~
Chaerin: You suck, keke. -sticks out my tongue-
AU: AU stands for “Alternate Universe”, which means an AU RP is an RP based in an alternate reality where idols are not idols or movie characters are not living in that movie’s universe any longer, etc. etc. Likewise, a AU character (indie roleplay blogs, specifically) is someone who isn’t an idol and has a different history and personality than the idol they are using as a faceclaim (see F.)
B
C
Closed RPs: These kinds of RPs do not allow their members to interact with anyone outside of the directory.
D
Directory: Directory is often used to talk about a roleplay community (generally, I find that more Tumblr-based roleplays refer to themselves as directories).
E
F
Faceclaim: The definition of faceclaim is very tricky; in its most general sense, it’s used to refer to whatever face someone is using for a character. As in, I’m a Jaejoong roleplayer so Jaejoong is my faceclaim. This usage of the term is rather popular but is, in a lot of ways, a bit incorrect. Yes, it’s a term that refers to the face someone uses for a character but that is all it is, a face.
A faceclaim simply provides visuals for your character;. everything else—their name, their history, their personality—is up to you, the RP’er. Meaning, I could be using Jaejoong as my faceclaim but his name would be something different like Kwon Daehyun. I could also give him a new birthday, history, family line, etc. However, if you take Jaejoong and keep his name, birthday and general history the same, he’s more a character than a faceclaim; even if he has a completely different backstory and is living in an alternate universe (see A), as long as his name and such remain the same as his real life name, he’s not technically a faceclaim.
G
Godmodding: The most common form of godmodding is taking control of someone else’s character in your reply to them. For example, if your character (let’s make him T.O.P) was meeting up with someone else’s character (G-Dragon) at a bar and your reply included something like “-sits and watches you (GD) walk in and order yourself a martini”, that would be godmodding because you are making a decision on behalf of the other character that you have no right to make. Other forms of godmodding would be making an all-powerful character that knows everything that happens before it’s introduced to him or her. Reading something on the dashboard or newsfeed as an OOC typist does NOT make your character automatically know it too. Unless they are in the situation themselves, they must be told about it before they know about it, otherwise it can be considered godmodding.
H
I
IC: IC stands for “In Character”, which is used to denote anything that is posted, said or thought by the character or muse (see M).
J
K
L
M
Mun: Derived from the word “mundane.” See typist.
Muse: When people talk about a “muse”, they are talking about the character they roleplay, past, present or future.
N
Novella: Where as para (see P) replies are around 2+ paragraphs, novella replies or novella roleplaying consists 5-7+ paragraphs in each reply.
O
OOC: OOC stands for “Out of Character”, used to denote anything that is posted or said by the typist (see T) and not the character they are playing.
Open Para: An open para is a paragraph RP post that has no set partner or plot and is open for anyone in the RP to answer to and thus, shape the plot however they feel like.
Open RPs: These RPs allow its members to interact with members of other RPs or independent anons outside of their directory.
P
Para: Para RP’ing, short for paragraph RP’ing, means roleplaying in the third person with complete and literate paragraphs (normally 2+), as if writing a story from the perspective of your character. You give more insight into your character’s thoughts and feelings than you do with action and better develop plots as a result.
Plotting: When people ask to plot or talk about plotting, they mean discussing ideas for roleplay situations and figuring out a plot for that particular RP. An example of an RP plot would be two characters discovering a secret about another and in the plotting process, the two muns or typists (see M or T) would hammer out the details about the sequence of events in the RP. You can also plot out relationships (this would consist of a timeline-based plotting more than anything else).
Q
R
Roleplay Page: A roleplay page is basically a page where you list all of the roleplays you are currently taking part in. In para RPs, these kinds of pages aren’t required but highly recommended, so much so that it’s become an default page of most para RP blogs because they are so helpful. Not only does it allow people to read and learn about your character’s experiences easily, it also helps those you are RP’ing with find your replies quickly! People often use tags (ex: para: rp title or roleplay: rp title) to organize replies.
RP (Roleplay): In the roleplay world, RP can mean a lot of different things. It can be used to talk about the action of roleplaying (ex: I like to RP.), a roleplay directory (ex: I’d like to join this RP.) or a singular roleplay plot going on between yourself and someone else (ex: I’ve got this RP going with a T.O.P RP’er.)
S
Script: Script RP’ing is like a mixture of para and action. Normally denoted as such (/text), script RP’ing is done in the third person and provides almost as much insight as paras do but in a more relaxed, action-like format. Here’s an example script RP:
Chaerin: (/opens the door and sticks her head in, a small grin spreading across her face as she sees Jiyong absorbed in his book) Jiyong oppa!
Jiyong: (/starts at the sound of his name, looking up at the younger girl with a smile, unable to deny that he’s happy to see her as always) Yes, Chae?~
Chaerin: You suck, keke. (/sticks her tongue out in a playful manner, completely amused by her actions)
Self-Para: Self paras are more or less one-shots focused on developing your character or giving insight into their mind. They tend to feature only the character themselves but can include other actors of the typist’s own making to help move the self-para along or reveal whatever they are looking to reveal about the character. However, self-paras will never include other members of the RP. It is strictly focused on the character of the writer and no one else.
Smut (RPs): Smut is the term used when referring to anything sex related.
T
TDL: To Delete Later (to refer to posts you will delete later on) or To-Do List (see Tracker).
Tracker: A tracker can be one of two things (the definition changes for every individual); for some, it’s a post (or page) used by RP’ers to let others know who they are replying to, who they are waiting on replies from and who they are plotting with (also called a To-Do List by some). For others, though, trackers are roleplay pages (see R) that literally help those you are RP’ing with track your replies and easily find new ones.
Typist: The typist is the real life person behind the character (and for all intents and purpose, behind the computer).
U
U/C (or UC): Under Construction. Used to let people know when a biography or relationship page is under construction.
V
W
X
Y
Z
Back to top Go down
https://noctemys.tumblr.com/

Le Glossary Of RP terms II
Page 1 of 1