Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Otacon
Otakushin Ronin
Otacon

Male
Number of posts : 257
Animunny : 318
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~ Empty
PostSubject: Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~   Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~ EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:18 am

Alright, so I was actually planning on doing this in my own RP group on myspace before myspace stopped existing for the most part, so I have a lot of back-story and world building already done, so uh, pardon the XBOXHUEGWALL-O-TEXT!!!1!11! tee~hee~

Introduction

In the year 3715, at the center of technology and scientific advancement, a thriving megatropolis called Hope City, in a massive but still uncompleted research and development facility known as the New Progress Sentinel Tower (think Limitless Fortress from Get Backers) something went terribly wrong.

Scientists somehow unleashed two separate powers that had lain dormant in humans for thousands of years know as Alter and Ether.

Some of those awakened resorted to their malicious alters and went on a rampage casting the once peaceful and prosperous world into war.

As a last ditch effort the armies of the world erected a huge barrier around most of Hope City and the surrounding area, the barrier was the crowning achievement of the worlds scientists at that time, a self-sustaining bio-weapons defense system of monolithic proportion known as Cerberus.

Wehn Cerberus was erected they simply buldozed over the area they needed to lay the foundation, so many neighboorhoods and even a few large building were literally cut in half by the massive structure, the top of the wall is lined with a self-maintaining anti-air battery, making an air escape over the wall (or flying at anything above rooftop level) impossible

The area within the Cerberus was dubbed the Forsaken Zone, after the threat of the Alters was eliminated the people of the outside world abandoned the technology that had brought strife and destruction into their lives, eventually the people, for the most part, forgot about the war and reverted back to the old technologies

Most people shunned the Cerberus barrier and Forsaken Zone within as evil and stayed well away from it. My story takes place at the beginnings of a new war as the shadow of lost technology spreads out from beyond Cerberus towards the unsuspecting masses.

The year is 3815, the 100th anniversary of the awakening and a culmination of ancient prophecies.

Explanation of Alter and Ether

Both powers lie dormant in all humans, although it is extremely rare for them to be awakened outside the Forsaken Zone, even within the Forsaken Zone only about half the population has access to their Ether and only an estimated 5% have tapped their Alter.

Alter, although in most cases considerably more powerful than Ether initiates a complete transformation in the person using it. Alter has a personality all it’s own, it’s a completely separate entity from the person being controlled by it, for example, someone who’s devoted their entire life to peace may go on a killing rampage do to their Alter having a malicious nature, or a mass murderer may sacrifice themself to save others because their Alter is of a benevolent nature.

Needless to say the mysterious nature of Alter can be extremely dangerous, as the resulting personality is a complete unknown until it‘s released.

Ether on the other hand, while generally less powerful than Alter, can be used at will, either consciously or subconsciously, it can be as simple as being able to predict peoples movements to being able to control certain elements.

Ether is much safer and more understood than Alter but still holds enigmas of its own, so far no two people have been documented as having the exact same Ether.

Politics inside the Forsaken Zone

Inside the Forsaken Zone there are several factions competing for power, each with a different goal.

The largest and most powerful of these factions are the Angels of Retribution, a group led by five powerful Alters, they’re goal is to destroy the Cerberus defense system and bring divine retribution to the outside world whom they view as inferior beings. They view the Cerberus system as a form of slavery, and wish vengeance on their oppressors.
The Angels of Retribution are currently rebuilding the former New Progress Sentinel Tower in the heart of the former Hope City, which was heavily damaged in the first war, into a weapons platform using lost technology found within the ruins of the tower, the group has renamed the tower The Fortress of the Divine.

The second largest of the factions in the Forsaken zone call themselves Blessed Wings, they tend to stay neutral on the issues at hand inside the Forsaken Zone and dedicate their time and resources towards medical advancement and the safe awakening of Ether within people.
Blessed Wings is led by the descendants of the renowned surgeon Akimota Saitobu and are based in the newly repaired and upgraded Saitobu Medical Research Facility, a sprawling medical compound located on the western border of the Forsaken Zone, nearly two hundred miles from the borders of the former Hope City.

The third largest faction known as the Soldiers of the Underground oppose the Angels of Retribution and work to undermine the completion of the Fortress of the Divine, although they lack the resources available to the Angels of Retribution, they make up for it with cunning and tenacity.
The Soldiers of the Underground wish to form a world where Ether users and normal humans can live together in peace. They’re led by the enigmatic Derris Devlin. The Undergrounds base is somewhere in the old manufacturing and recycling district on the outskirts of the former Hope City.

Lesser Factions:

Air Pirates: A group of music junkies that run and maintain the various radio networks inside the Forsaken Zone whose true goal is to spread their music to the outside world and beyond.

C.I.S. Cerberus Internal Security: the descendents of the initial government security force sent to watch over the Cerberus system, although relatively small, and lacking anyone with Ether or Alter abilities they’re armed with highly advanced bio-weapons systems and are still quite a force to be reckoned with.

A.E.O.M. Alter and Ether Obliteration Movement: A group of overzealous un-awakened humans who believe the only way to gain salvation is with the eradication of all those who wield Alter and Ether, they fight with a huge variety of weapons, from the very primitive to highly advanced bio weapons obtained through shady back alley deals, although they appear to be unorganized rabble one should never underestimate those fighting for what they believe to be a righteous cause.

The Prophets: A group of scholars who reside in the Hope City Central Archives, a huge library complex in the center of the former Hope City, who’ve dedicated their lives to studying and protecting the books and documents of the archives, it is rumored their leader has the ability to foretell true prophecy with his Alter, but this rumor has yet to be confirmed.

Scorched Earth: A fanatical group led by the few surviving members of the first war nearly a century ago that fights using chemical and biological weapons. Most of the groups member have extensive bio-mechanical modifications to their bodies and believe that it’s the right of the cyborgs to rule over the humans.

Character Bio Format

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Ether (if known):
Alter (if known):
Alters Personality:
Faction: (if any)

Keep in mind not everyone has been awakened to their Ether, and even less are aware of their Alter.
Gaining access to your power later in the story is completely fine

Again, sorry about the massive block of text there, but I like to really get people into the story haha,
Looking for like 4 to 6 people to join, I really want to get this one off the ground too, hope you guys like it b^-^d
Back to top Go down
Otacon
Otakushin Ronin
Otacon

Male

PostSubject: First story post, it'[s a big one o.o   Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~ EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 3:10 am

All her life she’d been living in that big empty house, despite all the people living or working there, she was always alone. The servants would only speak when spoken to, and wouldn’t talk long then, out of fear of her father catching them slacking at their work. Her father was a hard, cruel, and bitter man, quick to anger and quicker to voice his displeasure, she was nothing but an inconvenience in his eyes. Her mother was a pampered airhead, who immediately and completely ignored her anytime they were outside of the public eye.

After living like this her entire life, she'd finally found an escape route, today was the school trip to the Ferrin Cyrus war memorial. Ferrin Cyrus was one of the scientists responsible for the creation of the Cerberus system. The small upscale neighborhood she lived in was named after the man, but more importantly the monument dedicated to him was a mere half mile from the outer wall of Cerberus.
This would finally be the day she crossed to the other side of the wall and escaped the miserable life she'd stuck in.

As she sat alone in the back of the bus she went through her bag one last time to make sure she had everything. After they got to the monument she slipped away from the group and headed off down the side streets making her way through vacant backyards until she couldn’t hear the rest of the kids from the bus.
Once she was sure no one was following her she started to make her way towards the wall, picking her way past abandon houses, leftovers from the building of Cerberus and piles of crumbling debris from the war nearly a century ago. It really was true that no one went near the wall, no one except her that is.

Stopping next to what looked like a smashed up old car she stopped and pulled out her treasure, a map showing a blind spot in the Cerberus system. After nearly two years of searching around the Info Net for any information related to the Cerberus system she finally stumbled across someone named Drake Skylar on the underground radio forums who sent her this map.

Looking around she found one of the buildings described on the map, an old blue brick school building covered in faded graffiti that ran parallel to the wall. When she got close to the building she could see the front doors had been ripped off their hinges long ago, getting in would be easier than she first thought. Upon entering the school she pulled the map out again. “Alright so I have to get room 104 then wait for a red light to move across the back wall.” she said to herself before moving down towards the far end of the school. The dark halls were starting to make her nervous and she shrieked and fell backwards when a pigeon suddenly took off close overhead.

As she started to pull herself off the ground someone grabbed her from behind and whispered in her ear. "Little girls shouldn't play so close to the wall, you never know what might come crawling across from the other side." before a tongue ran along her ear.

She tried to scream but a grimy hand clamped firmly over her mouth, another voice came out of the darkness. "You can have some fun but don't kill her yet Jedson, live organs fetch a higher price!" The new voice finished in a small burst of laughter.

Just as she was preparing for the worst she heard a hollow metallic thunk off in the distance that echoed through the old building, the men around suddenly went deathly silent. A few seconds later another thunk came, louder this time, and closer. The men who were holding her were starting to get nervous. “Dear gods, something worse is coming.” she whispered under her breath. The noise was even louder now, suddenly she could see what looked like two huge orange eyes coming towards them through the darkness, the man holding her dropped her suddenly and slunk into the shadows near the wall.

The Orange eyes suddenly disappeared, not long after a man wearing a long green coat and carrying a metal bat stepped out of the darkness. She was too terrified to move by now, so she simply huddled on the floor where the big man had dropped her. She was caught off guard when the man in the green coat smiled at her, it was a smile filled with genuine kindness and concern.
“Any trouble here?” The man asked in a cold voice, his smile gone as suddenly as it appeared. He turned slowly to the men cowering against the wall. “N.n.nothin at all I swears.” The big man stammered out.

“I think she’d say otherwise.” The man in green said, pointing towards her with the bat, suddenly her face flushed as she finally regained her voice.

"They were going to kill me, and I think he was going to rape me." She said all in a rush
All of a sudden the man in green rammed his bat into the wall like a spear, throwing up an explosion of dust and chunks of old brick. “You people make me sick.” The man in green said as he spit over his shoulder. “I’ll give you till the count of ten to get out of my sight, if I can still see you by then, you’re dead.”
The calm way he said it sent shivers up her spine. “one…” The two thugs took off into the dark at a dead run.

As he reached down to offer his hand to her she could sense his true personality for the first time, he really was a kind person, but there was a great sadness about him, and something terrible buried deep down inside him. She took his hand and said while blushing, “I..i guess you saved me, my names Karin.”
He gave her a small smile, took her glasses off, wiped them clean on his shirt and put them back on her face then said, “Karin hmm? A cute name for a cute girl, the only reason I could think of that a cute girl like yourself would be down here is if you're the one that found Skylar’s map.”
“You know Skylar!?” She said, running up to him.
“Of course I do, now where are my manners, I haven’t introduced myself yet, my name’s Derris, Derris Devlin, and I’ll be your guardian angel for the time being.”

~{Feel Free to start your own character wherever you want, be it on the same side as mine or not, I'm leaving it pretty open right now so it'll be easier to get into and make the character you want to play, I'll figure a way to have us meet up somewhere in my next post, and I don't really mind if you move my characters around, just don't do anything character breaking with them. Hope you guys like it}~
Back to top Go down
Otacon
Otakushin Ronin
Otacon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~   Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~ EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 6:35 pm

Bumping this to hopefully get it off the ground now that I have time to write
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female
Number of posts : 2199
Animunny : 2810
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~   Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~ EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 12:33 pm

May I join? I'll post a character bio and you can tell me what you think. :3
Back to top Go down
Otacon
Otakushin Ronin
Otacon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~   Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~ EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 1:04 pm

of course Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~   Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~ EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:44 pm

Name: Akihiro (Aki) Moriami
Appearance:Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~ Nvl_by10
Personality: Aki is an outspoken woman, often seen as cynical and mean to her little brother, while really she is willing to put her own life on the line to protect him. She has a taste for adventure and tends to get into brawls-- often over little things. She loved to tinker and makes a meager living as a mechanical technician.
Ether (if known): Aki has a way with electricity. Be it bio-eletricity coursing through someones body, or the eletricity running through her own false arm.
Alter (if known):Unknown
Alters Personality:Unknown
Faction: (if any) Ex-minor affiliate of Scorched Earth.

Name: Cyrath (Wrath) Moriami
Appearance:Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~ Koichi10
Personality: Cyrath is a quick witted boy with a knack for getting into trouble. Living in the slums with his sister has given him a good feel for people around him, and an even better feel for their wallets. His hands are almost as fast as his mouth. While often obstinate-- though all in good fun-- he's quick to set himself back in line if his sister scolds him. After all, it was his fault she was missing an arm...
Ether (if known):Unknown
Alter (if known):Unknown
Alters Personality:Unknown
Faction: None
Back to top Go down
Otacon
Otakushin Ronin
Otacon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~   Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~ EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 12:47 am

“We need to get to room 104” Karin said in a small voice as she held onto the man’s coat as they walked through the old school building.
He looked and down and smiled at her. “Don’t worry; I’ve been across the wall so many times I could do it in my sleep.”  He said as they suddenly turned down a dark hallway.  They’d been walking for what seemed awhile when the man in green, Derris, came to an abrupt halt. He muttered a curse under his breath and motioned Karin to stand still and be quiet.

She could sense he was worried and didn’t like it “What’s going on?” she asked, scanning the darkness around them.  
“I think someone knows I was going to be here today, someone I’d rather not meet up with right now.”  He whispered down to her.  Suddenly she felt something…shift…inside of him, something she couldn’t explain.  “What did you just do?”  She whispered up to him. “What?” he replied looking down at her.  “Something about you is different now then a second ago but I can’t really explain what.”  She said looking at the ground and scuffing her right foot.  “You can sense when I activate my Ether?”  He said in an awed voice.

All of a sudden they heard the deep voice from one of the men from earlier call out “I think I heard voices down this way!”
“Shit! We need to get out of here NOW!” Derris yelled as he dragged her along through the dark ruin, toppling the remains of old cabinets and other furniture as he ran he stopped suddenly in an old classroom.
“W, w, what’s going to happen?” she stammered, now wide-eyed with fright.
“Nothing if I have anything to say about it.”  He said in a commanding voice, he made what looked like a gesture in prayer in front of his chest before turning back to her.
“Cover your eyes and hold on, whatever you do don’t get separated from me.”

All of a sudden Derris tensed, a few seconds later a thin man dressed in rags, holding what looked like a pipe burst into the room they were standing in.  Karin let out a small shriek and shrunk back against the wall as Derris launched himself forward.  Crouching low to the floor, he raced towards the man, swinging his bat upwards between the man’s legs, dropping him to the ground almost instantly.
“NOW HOLD ON!” he screamed as he grabbed her by the wrist and jumped through the old windows, she could hear shouting behind her as she was dragged along the outer wall of the Cerberus barrier but she didn’t dare look back lest the fear of whoever, or whatever was chasing her caused her to freeze up.

“I…..can’t……run…anymore…”  Karin panted as she was dragged down twisting hallways at a blistering pace.  Derris skidded to a halt to let her catch her breath.  “Here.”  He said, handing her a small canteen full of water.  She gulped the water down fast and sat down on the floor after handing the canteen back to Derris.  “Hop on my back for now, we can’t afford to stop moving, I really don’t want to fight unless I absolutely have to.”  He said with a smile as he squatted down to look her in the eyes.  She mumbled agreement and hopped onto his back, throwing her arms around his neck.   “Aren’t you tired from running all that way?”  Karin asked as they started off again.
“It’s ok; I’m used to running, just hold on tight.”  Derris said as they made their way into the Cerberus system.

He pulled what appeared to be a small radio from his belt and hit the button.  “Shara, I’ve got the disks, is the 026 in place?” he called into the radio.  “Gassed up and good to go boss.” Came the energetic reply over the radio.  Derris could here someone running up the empty halls behind them.  “Damn, looks like I can’t run as fast with you on my back as I thought.”  He said with a smile for Karin.  “Shara I ran into a bit of company back here, I’m sending a girl on ahead with the key while I take care of our visitors.”

“Girl, what girl, what are you talking about?!?”  The voice on the radio called out.  “She found Skylars map, she’s very cute but has no idea what’s going on, just keep her safe till I get back there.”  He replied.
“Got it boss.”  Shara called back.  “What’s going on?” Karin asked.
“See that hallway up there?” Derris asked her, she nodded.  “Take this,” he said as pulled a strange looking key out of his pocket, “And give it to Shara, just run down that hallway until you run into a girl with blonde hair.  I’m gonna stay here and buy you a bit of time.”

She looked up at him one last time and said in a tearful voice, “Just come back safe, you’re the first really nice person I’ve ever met.”  He smiled at her and ruffled her hair, “You really are cute, you know that?”  He said as he tapped his bat against the wall, “But I can take care of myself.”
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~   Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~ EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 4:39 am

>>; I'm going to assume that means the bios are alright? How would you like to to enter this?
Back to top Go down
Otacon
Otakushin Ronin
Otacon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~   Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~ EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:31 pm

Make a story post elsewhere and I'll try and meet up with you in my next post.
Back to top Go down
playful_kitty_17
Otakami
playful_kitty_17

Female
Number of posts : 1096
Animunny : 1162
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~   Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~ EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 8:48 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynm15cpfee724yg/Kitsune.jpg
human form

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2jvcap5c11zri4/Kitsune3.jpg
spirit animal form

(let me know if those pics don't work, they were uploaded to my dropbox so that's where I shared them from)

.:Name: Tenkuu
.:Nickname: Ten
.:Age: 28
.:Birthdate: 1985

.:Species: Kitsune/Firefox
.:Gender: Female
.:Height: 5’ 11”

.:Weight: 130 lb
.:Eye Color: Green
.:Hair Color: Copper red
.:Dominant Hand: right

.:Character Attire: Very eclectic style. Loves to wear things that are simple and have one piece that sticks out from the rest of the outfit. Is obsessed with scarves.
.:Marital Status: Single
.:Sexuality Preference: Bisexual
.:Occupation: Worked in her grandmother’s tea shop
**Turns into a huge white fox with several tails as her spirit animal form**
.:Abilities: Can bend fire at will, create fire and (as her animal form) breathe fire.

.:Family: Grandmother. Parents died in a car accident when she was young.
.::Likes: Scarves! And poking fun at other people.

.:Head: Has fox ears
.:Footwear: laceup boots
.:Other Significant markings: A large tattoo -- the marking of her people -- along her left side, extending from her ribcage to the top of her hip.

.:Personality: Quirky. Loves to tease and flirt, and tries not to let any situation get too serious. Can also be feisty, making the firebending fitting to her nature. Pissing her off is not advised, as it takes a lot to do so and when it happens, it gets quite literally explosive.

.:History: Comes from a long line of kitsune heritage, and learned the art of fire bending at a young age.
Back to top Go down
http://freeflowroleplay.forumotion.com
Otacon
Otakushin Ronin
Otacon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~   Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~ EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 12:28 am

Not sure you put this in the right story kitty, you'd be over 1000 years old if that birthday is correct, and I'd have to figure out exactly how to work a full animal transformation into my ether/alter system
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~   Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~ Empty

Back to top Go down

Forsaken - Fighting for a brighter tomorrow ~{Open The More the Merrier}~
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Animagic RP Site :: Roleplaying :: Future RP-
Jump to: