Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The dead cant testify

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female
Number of posts : 2199
Animunny : 2810
Registration date : 2009-02-03

The dead cant testify Empty
PostSubject: The dead cant testify   The dead cant testify EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Let the rain fall down, let it fall to the ground,
Let the rain fall down to the ground.
And the birds don't sing, no they don't make a sound,
When you're six feet underground.

Anna held her head high as the rain fell, creating a plastered effect on her long ebony hair as it clung to her long slender neck. He dark blue eyes stared forward as she walked, people pushing and shoving her.

Well they cast me out when the word spread around
That I never sang in the church.
And it took one night for the town to decide
I'm afflicted by the curse.

And the rain falls down, let it fall to the ground.
And the birds don't sing, no they don't make a sound.
So I look to the sky, tell me why, tell me why,
Do they all get to live, and I have to die?

She ignored their screams and insults, looking up as the rain fell, allowing it to splash on her face. She sighed. "Save me." she mumbled closing her eyes for a moment, her feet stopping their steady march. She knew he was watching. Her demon lover. Her happiness. Her demise.

"Move it!" one man shoved her, knocking her into the muddy walk way- only to have another pull her to her feet by her hair.

So they marched me down to the center of town,
With their pitchforks high in the air.
I was chained and bound with a blindfold around
So the judge wouldn't catch my stare.
And they hung my soul from the gallows pole
But the witch they never found.
So to those who don't fit society's mold,
Learn to swim or you will drown.

She didn't fight them as they pushed her along, the world being cut off form her sight of sight as a bag fell over her head zipping shut loudly.

She was hoisted off of her feet, passed form man to man until a noose found it's way around her neck. She remained silent and still. "If you love me- save me." she begged, her voice just above a whisper, tears running down her face, the rain no longer washing them away. The bag kept them hidden form view.

"Annabel Miller, you've been found guilty of witchcraft and devil worship." a voice boomed near by. "As such, you have been sentenced to death. May God damn your soul."

And the angels sing: let it shine, let it shine,
Dry the teardrops from my eyes.
And the bells will ring when the blind lead the blind,
'Cause the dead can't testify.
And because I can't take an eye for an eye,
In the afterlife I'll haunt you 'till you die!

Annabel straightened her neck, opening her eyes under the bag, the light of the torches peeking through the rucksack here and there.

"Do you have any last words?" the judge's voice asked out of moral duty.

"May God have mercy on your souls." She said, her voice loud and clear. She coudl feel it... "He's here."

What happened next was a blur to her. A falling sensation, a sudden stop, a sharp pain in her shoulders, then darkness...
------------

OOC: okay, so I'm thinking she's seeing a devil; be it vampire werewolf, actual demon elf-- whatever you like. But whoever he is, he somehow just cut the rope and when the floor fell open she hit the ground and was knocked out. Feel free to join in!
Back to top Go down
Mileena Chardonnay
N00b
Mileena Chardonnay

Female
Number of posts : 21
Animunny : 30
Registration date : 2011-06-01

PostSubject: Re: The dead cant testify   The dead cant testify EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 2:01 pm

The rope had suddenly turned into a hooded serpent, one which hissed irritably at the onlookers as it released the woman's neck from its coils. From the throng emerged a cloaked individual, bearing a large constrictor around one arm. The crowd gasped and screamed as a sectioned blade suddenly appeared where the judge's sternum used to be,and the blood flowed noisily from the wound.

Withdrawing the garian sword from the corpse, the figure turned to Annabel. A woman's voice, flat and clearly unamused, sounded from beneath the cloak's hood.

"Best catch your breath quickly, girl. Now is the time to run."

Without a word of further explanation, the strange woman stood upon the back of her giant serpent as it slithered away, and the cobra which was once the hangman's noose followed them hurriedly.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The dead cant testify   The dead cant testify EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 2:17 pm

A strange scene of panic washed over Anna. That voice wasn't the one she had hoped to hear.

Still, that fact that she heard anything was proof enough to her that she was not dead.

She struggled to her feet, her hands still tied and shook her head, attempting to theor thr ruck sack off- to see.

It only partly worked, the sack caught in her long hair, but it didn't stop the woman from running full speed.

There was a strange, pailful heat in her chest. A broken rip from the fall perhaps? She didn't have time to dell on it, setting her sights on the cloaked figure and snakes. Her savior, no doubt. And with the instincts of a scared child, she followed, the rain helping her to slip out of anyones grasp who intended to stop her from escape.
Back to top Go down
Mileena Chardonnay
N00b
Mileena Chardonnay

Female

PostSubject: Re: The dead cant testify   The dead cant testify EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 10:22 pm

It took a bit of weaving, ducking, and quite a bit of running, but the two fugitives eventually made it to a nearby forest. The strange woman tended to her odd steed, paying no mind to the out of breath human companion nearby.

"It is good that you can keep up. It makes my job so much easier. Are you injured in any way? I can attend to any minor wounds, but my employers will become irritable if you are brought to them in critical condition."

The noose-cobra slithered off into the wild, seemingly oblivious to the fact that it was once no more than a length of rope and off to live a life in the wild. The larger snake remained close, however; it belonged to the woman, but the smaller snake was not required for its services.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The dead cant testify   The dead cant testify EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 10:52 pm

Anna panted, leaning on tree. "Just- stitch in my side is all..." she said holding her rib, heaving for breath. "W-who're you though?" she asked, swallowing to wet her thought.

She shivered in the rain, even though the trees canopy protected them for the most part. She was soaked to the bone, and the wind made her cold.
Back to top Go down
Mileena Chardonnay
N00b
Mileena Chardonnay

Female

PostSubject: Re: The dead cant testify   The dead cant testify EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:14 pm

The woman discarded her cloak to reveal a shocking amount of violet hue. From the lavender buns on either side of her head to the glossy purple changbao which kept her curvaceous form from nudity, her very appearance screamed 'outlandish'. Even the predatory gaze in which she seemed to view EVERYTHING seemed out of place.

"My name is Sun-Sun... But that isn't important. The humans are on one of their 'crusades' again, and you happen to possess magical talent. While I don't give a damn, my employers wish to see you safe. They're a collective of magical creatures that plan on hiding like cowards while the humans go on their witch-hunts and their dragon-slayings and what have you... Pitiful. However, it makes me money, and that's good enough for me."

Sun-Sun sighed, expressing her dislike for the mission. "Listen kid... Keep your mouth shut and your head down, and we'll be fine. You're gonna need my cloak; I'm pretty sure they know what you look like, and the nearest tailor is a few days away. Are you going to give me problems? I could just as easily carry you around unconsious as well as conscious, you know."
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The dead cant testify   The dead cant testify EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 12:03 am

Anna frowned. "Problems? No, Just get me out of here..." she said, picking up the discarded robe. "Your name is Sun-sun?" she asked, wrapping the cloak around herself. It was such an odd name... "Do you know Fresse?" she asked.

Her ebony hair clung to her skin, in fact in a very attractive manner, though compared to this purple haired beauty, she looked quite ordinary.
Back to top Go down
Mileena Chardonnay
N00b
Mileena Chardonnay

Female

PostSubject: Re: The dead cant testify   The dead cant testify EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:21 am

"I do not know this 'Fresse' of which you speak; I wouldn't even know you if it weren't for this contract. Please, do keep in mind that I am a complete stranger, and don't ask any stupid questions."

Sun-Sun's manner was clearly professional at some points, and bitterly anti-social at others. Perhaps she was troubled by some inner turmoil, or had bad experiences in the past... But there was no way for Anna to be sure. This woman exuded exotic mystery from every pore; even her claims were given no credibility beyond the fact that she had saved Anna's life.

"Catch your breath, and be ready to move out. We have a long ride ahead of us to Dyardelhai, and we will not be resting often."
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The dead cant testify   The dead cant testify EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:33 am

Anna nodded, though wasn't quite sure how she was exspected to 'ride' anything in a dress. Not that she complained. It only took her a few more moments to catch her breath and right herself. "I'm ready when you are, Sun-sun." she said, still finding the name odd.
Back to top Go down
Mileena Chardonnay
N00b
Mileena Chardonnay

Female

PostSubject: Re: The dead cant testify   The dead cant testify EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Wordlessly, Sun-Sun looked about until she found a tree just barely beyond the point of being called a sapling. It was as tall as she was, and as thick around as a small battering ram already. After treating her whipsword with a special ointment, she hacked off the limbs of the tree, stirpping it bare, before working her magic and transforming the large plant into a serpent much like the one she carried.

"You'll want to saddle yourself 3 feet behind these scales on the back of his neck, and place your hands on either side of his neck gently to balance yourself. There will be a bit more undulation than riding a horse, so please tell me if you feel sick. It's not something I expect you to get the hang of immediately, but you'll have to learn to make do until we can get horses. Now, do you have a weapon? I'll do my best to defend you if we come across trouble, but if there's many of them you just might have to fight off a few yourself."
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The dead cant testify   The dead cant testify EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:07 am

"I dont have anything on me, but I know Kusarigamajutsu." she said, eying the newly created serpent curiously. She wasn't sure if it was an illusion, or if it really was a snake. Or sh didn't, until she stroked a hand over it's skin, surprised by how cool it was.
Back to top Go down
Mileena Chardonnay
N00b
Mileena Chardonnay

Female

PostSubject: Re: The dead cant testify   The dead cant testify EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 1:17 pm

"Oh, so you are from the island continent? Or did you simply visit there? At any rate, we could fetch you a farmer's sickle and a chain to make do. My homeland does not have the weapons of our island counterparts, so I cannot provide this weapon for you."

The great serpents moved through the brush at a surprising pace. Not only could they match the speed of equine steeds, but it seemed they could maneouvre around obstacles much more skillfully as well. Small animals and prey animals quickly fled, but that was alright; the mounts were more focused on carrying their riders than being silent.

"Perhaps you could swing a sword until then? You don't need any real skill to use one, and I'm sure you could at least dispatch less skilled foes with one."
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The dead cant testify   The dead cant testify EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:05 pm

"That's right." she confirmed ebing from Japan. It was partly why she had been so easily accused of being a witch.

She took a moment more to marvel at the snake before responding. "Sword? Oh, yeas, I could do that." she said nodding as they moved. "Where are we headed exactly?"
Back to top Go down
Mileena Chardonnay
N00b
Mileena Chardonnay

Female

PostSubject: Re: The dead cant testify   The dead cant testify EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:11 pm

With that response, Sun-Sun handed her companion a Dao. It was a large, single-edged sword, like the lovechild of a cleaver and a saber. Clearly a hack-and-slash weapon, and one her companion would have no trouble using. "Dyardelhai, a small border town run by elves. I will meet my contact there, and they will direct us to our next destination. They cannot allow us the enitre path in one section, as it would jeopardize this sanctuary of theirs. While we're there, we can stock up on supplies, and perhaps even get some rest. We'll see how much you need it after this trip."
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: The dead cant testify   The dead cant testify EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 3:00 am

Anna nodded, falling silent as they moved through the woods.

The young woman sighed, rubbing her neck... She still felt the ghost of the rope around the soft skin, and it scared her.... he hadn't come.

She frowned. He had abandoned her....? It didn't seem like him. he thought of her as his property, HIS woman.... He wouldn't so readily leave behind what he owned.

Unless he had been one of the ones to hire Sunsun.

"Sunsun?" She spoke up curiously. "How did you get into this job?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The dead cant testify   The dead cant testify Empty

Back to top Go down

The dead cant testify
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Animagic RP Site :: Roleplaying :: Action RP-
Jump to: