Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nutcracker Sweet

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female
Number of posts : 2199
Animunny : 2810
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Victoria blinked and looked at him for a moment like he was insane then around at the dark forest. "So... I guess the smoke stayed white because I thought it would?" she mused then frowned. "So then, couldn't I just imagine you up a sword that could kill the goblin King?"

she was confused. Victoria never once thought she had magic, never considered it once she was told she didn't. And therefor, she had never thought of its limits. She had never studied what one could and couldn't, should or shouldn't do.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female
Number of posts : 1064
Animunny : 1131
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 4:33 pm

Hans thought for a moment, trying to figure out how to explain the limitations and intricacies of an art that took some people years and years to learn.

"Essentially yes, the reason the smoke stayed white was becuase you believed it would. Had you walked in with a clear mind and no expectations it would have definitely reacted to you."

Turning he sat down again, pulling her down with him next to the fire.

"Magic is limited by our ability to imagine. Your imagination is very strong and vivid, hence why you were able to create so mcuh without even straining yourself. Because most magic comes from our imagination when someone dies, their spells usually fail once they pass. Making a spell permanant on an object takes a lot of time and energy. For you to create a sword capable of killing a Goblin, that would be too much of a strain on you, and would probably kill you."
Back to top Go down
http://madnessharnessed.deviantart.com/
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 4:54 pm

Victoria blinked, staying seated beside him. "You have much more experience with magic... Couldn't you do it?" she asked honestly curious.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 5:01 pm

Hans laughed good naturedly, throwing another log on to the fire.

"I could I suppose if I was a metal worker. To make a sword capable of killing a goblin you have to not only cast spells into the blade they have to be spells that are permanent, and don't fade when the swordmaker dies. The spells have to be folded into the metal as the sword is cast."

He hoped that helped make a bit more sense for her, that she would understand.

"I can cast some spells that will remain after I die, but they are very difficult and leave me exhausted for days. For the most part making spells permanent after you die is just too hard and not really necessary for most spell casters. Its why we're going to hunt the Goblin King. Not only because he's a corrupt ruler and just plain nasty, but because his death will free us from our curses."
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 5:05 pm

"... Alright." she said nodding.

She frowned suddenly. "I should have left a note for my parents... When they wake up, I'm sure they'll be worried sick."
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 5:08 pm

He frowned, concern marring his features as he thought about it.

"I'm sure they'll be fine. They'll worry but, when you come home safe and sound in a few days this will pass like a bad dream."
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 5:16 pm

Victoria nodded, though said nothing. Her mother would notice the doll on the counter and most likely take it as a good bye token... Maybe think she had just up and run away.

That, or her mother would stay awake conducting searching spells until she could find her.

One extreme or the other she supposed.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 5:21 pm

((BRB. Shower))

Hans turned to her and smiled softly, trying to reassure her.

"It'll be okay you know?" He said, before lying down on his back and staring up at the canopy of trees above his head.

"We should get some rest though. Long day tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 5:54 pm

She nodded. "Alright." she said. "Good night, Hans." she said, watching him. She stayed up until she was sure he was asleep.

She hugged her knees to her chest and watched the fire intently, frowning. She tried to imagine the flames taking on a shape of a dancer. And she could picture it, in her mind.... But it never seemed to show up in the fir she was looking at.

She sighed in defeat and finally closed her eyes, leaning back against the tree behind her, allowing sleep to wash over her.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:23 pm

The next morning dawned bright and early, waking Hans early. He opened his eyes to see the dew still clining to the trees and nearby grass. He smiled, the sight of the sunlight streaming through the tree's and glinting off the dew drops a rather beautiful sight.

He stood and stretched before kicking the remanents of their fire, checking to make sure that there were no surviving embers that could catch anything alight. Then he began casting his own spells. Spells of hiding and disclosure first so they couldn't be tracked, then spells to tell him where he was and where he needed to go. Finally he cast a spell to make the area appear as if they had never been there at all. He was so focused he didn't notice Victoria had awoken yet.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 9:56 pm

Victoria stayed sitting, watching him. "I thought you couldn't use magic without being found." she said suddenly when it looked like he had finished.

When he looked at her, she waved.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 2:43 am

Hans smiled, and then explained what his first spell had done, masking their presence even from tracking devices.

"Besides, I figured after your display of magical talent the night before we would be safe."
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:05 am

Her cheeks warmed up in a light blush as she stood. "Your right, I guess..." she said, dusting her night gown off, shivering a bit. the Dew had soaked her poor excuse of a dress and let any small breeze just cut right through her.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 10:40 pm

Hans frowned for a moment before talking over to her and placing two hands on her shoulders. It was natural for him to just dry himself in the morning with magic and keep himself warm, but she wasn't accustomed to magic in the least, and such actions weren't natural for her yet. He would have to remember that.

It felt like he had doused her in a warm bath, the warmth spreading from his hands all the way through her body and to her toes. As he lifted his hands away from her she was now dry as ever and pleasantly warmed.

"Much better?" He asked, his eyebrow quirked.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:00 am

Victoria nodded. "Much better..." she confirmed, her eyes looking up into his. She removed her hands from her arms, the warmth that had coated her leaving behind a pleasant tingeing sensation.

"Is the city far?" she asked curiously when he released her, not sure what else to say. Anythign to break an awkward silence, as far as she was concerned.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:18 am

"Its not too far." He said lightly, starting to walk in the direction he knew lay the town. He just hoped that what they would find there was the same as what he had left behind.

In fact, they only walked for about an hour before they reached the edge of the forest and could see the town a few miles ahead of the them. It all looked the same to him, the smoke still rising from the chimmeys, people on the outskirts of the streets with their farms and livestock. If he closed his eyes he could imagine the cries of the sellers as they tried to sell you their various wares.

Yet, he was hesitant. Afraid to go any farther and have his memory of the place tarnished and replaced.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:55 am

"You know... I think I've seen this town before." Victoria's voice spoke up suddenly beside him.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 4:02 pm

Hans remained silent, unsure if she was simply saying that to try and make him feel better about this or not. Yet, that train of thought didn’t make sense either. Then it really dawned on him what she was saying and he turned to look at her in surprise.

“How could you have? You’ve never been to this world before right?” A glimmer of hope was shining in his eyes as he spoke. If she had been here then she could tell him. He could know how the town was, prepare himself before he had to walk down its cobbled streets. Lighten the blow if the place had truly accepted Goblin rule.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:35 pm

Victoria blinked. "I don't think so...." she said looking back. "But... The tow looks familiar. Sort of a de ja vu feeling." she admitted, feeling silly to say such a thing.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 5:14 pm

Hans turned and looked back at the town and simply sighed before starting to walk again. Perhaps she’d been here before, or mayhap her psyche was simply recognizing her life path, the reason for her de ja vu feeling. Either way, she couldn’t tell him what to expect, and for that he was disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:50 am

"Hans." She said suddenly, after he took maybe only a few steps.

She was frowning, her feet glued to the spot. "I don't think we should go that way." she said carefully.

It was hard to explain. Like when you look into the mouth of a cave and just knowsomething is living inside and you shoudl find a new form of shelter, or you see an ally way you just feel you should avoid... It was like a nagging voice somewhere in the back of ehr mind was telling her to turn and go elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:59 am

Hans stopped the moment he said her name, looking at him with concern on her features. He pursed his lips, unsure what to do. This was the fastest way to the town, yet he had learned long ago not to ignore that inner voice. And Victoria looked rather certain about what she was saying even as he saw her trying to come up with a believable reason why.

“It’ll take longer… but we could go down and follow the river into the town.” He said, thinking about other ways into the metropolis.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:03 am

She frowned and shook her head, afraid she might have been speaking too much now. His pursed lips told her that much.

"I don't mean the path... I mean the town in general..." she trailed off. She forced the feeling aside as much as she could and took a few steps towards Hans. "Never mind.... I'm being silly I suppose."
Back to top Go down
Madness
Madness

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:18 am

Hans smiled reassuringly, and took her hand pulling her beside him.

“Its going to be okay Victoria.”

He held her hand the rest of the way, and even kept a hold of when they walked the busy streets. People looked at them a bit funny. Most likely because they did make quite an odd pair. He was definitely in outdated clothes, and she was obviously dressed for bed not walking in the streets. Yet, Hans didn’t seem to notice any of them, his eyes darting here and there looking for something.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Admin
Angel_Lass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:33 am

[Hm.... Should something bad happen to them?]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nutcracker Sweet   Nutcracker Sweet - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nutcracker Sweet
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Animagic RP Site :: Roleplaying :: Cross-Overs-
Jump to: