Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone out there...needing an RP buddy!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female
Number of posts : 522
Animunny : 625
Registration date : 2010-11-01

Anyone out there...needing an RP buddy! Empty
PostSubject: Anyone out there...needing an RP buddy!   Anyone out there...needing an RP buddy! EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 3:34 pm

I'm thinking of starting an RP, about high school life:

Academy Of Adventure

It's weird at my school
Weird at my school
Weird at my school
Weird at my school

The chorus of The Pixies song "Weird at My School"

Exactly What It Says On The Tin: a school where adventure is abound, weirdness is everywhere, and anything that could happen, will happen. Teachers turning out to be villains, strange beings stalking the school grounds, random (or maybe not so random) students getting kidnapped while the Unlikely Hero has to chase after them... Never a dull day, no matter how boring the classes are.

The school is, simply put, a Weirdness Magnet, perfect for the budding kid adventurer or hero in disguise as a teacher.

Generally, this tends to happen to any school the hero is enrolled in or teaching in, so it can be anything from a grade school to a college. See also City Of Adventure and Xanadu. Just like there, contrast Nothing Exciting Ever Happens Here. If the school explains its weirdness factor by having super powered students, monster students or magical classes, then it's either an Extranormal Institute, an All Ghouls School or a Wizarding School, respectively.

-Television Tropes & Idioms

Example in anime: •Rosario To Vampire. This is the natural consequence of creating a school to teach monsters with poor self control how to maintain the Masquerade. Especially when you trick a human into going there.

-But the thing is, I want to do something a bit different, while the AOA will stand as the "universe" around the students lives, something that hasn't been done. Any ideas are welcome, thanks!

XOXO
-V. ♥
Back to top Go down
https://noctemys.tumblr.com/
Madness
Madness

Female
Number of posts : 1064
Animunny : 1131
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Anyone out there...needing an RP buddy!   Anyone out there...needing an RP buddy! EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 4:36 pm

Well having the AOA as the complete universe sounds pretty cool. The question then becomes what do you want the weirdness factor to be? I like the idea of the lone human going to a school full of monsters lol.

or you can make it an academy for herores, as if its medievil times. So people come to the school learning how to become heroes and weird stuff keeps happening where one person ends up doing a lot of crazy stuff to save the others.

Just some ideas~
Back to top Go down
http://madnessharnessed.deviantart.com/
Noctemys
Admin
Admin
Noctemys

Female
Number of posts : 522
Animunny : 625
Registration date : 2010-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone out there...needing an RP buddy!   Anyone out there...needing an RP buddy! EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 4:57 pm

Well in IYRP there is a AOA going on, and I would like to introduce some of its themes here. The story takes place in a country called Aeris, where wars had driven the country to nothingness. After many years the inhabitants all come crawling back and to prepare for a better defence (against the Prusians [Prusu country] from usurping the princess's power over the country) while reconstructing their once lively and beautiful country they establish a school in what is a suitable gigantic castle -it miraculously survived. It's called Avalon Academy, where students blessed with suck are recruited to become very powerful knights to, well protect the kingdom and its princess Odelia. It follows the normal Knight hood format and could be set either in a futuristic world, or in the past.

The weirdness can come from a greater evil, or the Powers That Be that want to "test" the people there, primarily the ones running the academy.

That's what I got for now...what do you thinK? Anything else?

XOXO
-V.
Back to top Go down
https://noctemys.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone out there...needing an RP buddy!   Anyone out there...needing an RP buddy! Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone out there...needing an RP buddy!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Animagic RP Site :: Roleplaying :: New RP Announcements-
Jump to: