Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nightmares of the Past

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female
Number of posts : 1865
Animunny : 12731
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Nightmares of the Past Empty
PostSubject: Nightmares of the Past   Nightmares of the Past EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 4:27 pm

Nightmares of the Past Arisu

My name is Arisu; that's American for Alice. Arisu Kamayo, that's me. I'm just a normal girl who attends highschool everyday, and lives her life day to day as best as she can. I don't have any powers or special abilities and such, but I do have these weird dreams a lot. I can't explain them because they don't make sense, not even to me. They're flashes of memories, I think, but they're not mine. No, it's like they're someone else's. Sometimes they're bright and pleasant, but most of the time they're dark and frightening. And every night I get them there's always the same face depicted in the dream. I just can't seem to make out the face, though. I know it's a man, that's for sure, but his facial details are fuzzy. It's getting better though, because every time I get one the face gets clearer and clearer. I can't wait to see what he looks like. Maybe he's rugged and handsome, or dark and mysterious. The only problem is that with every dream I get not only does the face get clearer, but the things that happen get scarier and more horrible than the time before. In a way I'm scared to see this strange man's face because of what horrible things might come with it, but at the same time.....Well, I just have mixed feelings about the whole thing. One thing is for sure though, these flashbacks are definitely not mine. Who's could they be?

Arisu gazed up at the new teacher with interest, taking in his featires as her friends giggled behind him. He was cute, that was a no brainer, but student-teacher relationships were totally against the rules.

"Too bad though, he's a total hottie!" she sighed to herself, staring at his oddly colored green eyes. They were beautiful, entrancing almost, and she couldn't help but feel like she had seen them before. "Why does he look so famliar? Hmmm? Well, it'll have to come to me sooner or later. Hopefully sooner."

She took out her notebook and pen and prepared herself for taking notes. That's all teachers ever had you do anyway. "Notes, notes, notes....So annoying. Besides, they make your hand hurt." She sighed and continued to gaze at him. Where did he come from? She knew the last teacher they had had retired, but this replacement seemed a little odd. Most of the teachers were old, and all of them were very strict and very sophisticated. It was such a drag. "But he seems different....Almost-" She cut herself off as her friend Gina poked her from behind.

"Isn't he gorgeous??" he giggled lightly. "And he's young too! Only a few years older than us!"

Arisu smiled at her friends childish actions. She was such a little girl. "Yeah, he's cute," she replied cooly. "But you know nothing's gonna happen between you two, so why google over him so much? Besides, it'll probably freak him out." She laughed and pointed to her friend's mouth. "Wipe the drool before her sees you," she teased, turning back around to face the front of the classroom.

"She's right though. He's very handsome.....Yet, something is telling me he's trouble. Hmmm....."

((Need someone to join in as the mysterious teacher! If you're curious as to where I'm going with this, he's going to be the one she's been dreaming about. It's up to you to decide whether or not you want the teacher to know of her dreams or not. Use your imagination! ^^))
Back to top Go down
https://animagicrpsite.rpg-board.net
Farseer
Otaku
Farseer

Male
Number of posts : 138
Animunny : 38
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Nightmares of the Past   Nightmares of the Past EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 4:44 am

View Character Bio Here

(OOC: I hope I'm not spoiling your plan for this story by giving the teacher character an evil history to give some explanation as to why the dreams are so horrible. If so just let me know and I can edit him and this post to fit your idea better.)

"As I'm sure you've noticed by now, I am not your regular Math teacher. My name is Mr. Dupree and I am the replacement teacher for Mr. Jenkins, who recently retired, luckily giving me employment. This is my first teaching job and even though I know the material well, I'm not really sure how to deal with several students at once, so if I'm moving too quickly just let me know."

He slowly scanned the classroom in a vain attempt to familiarize himself with all the new faces. This was his third class so far today and he knew he could never remember all of them. He went through the roll call, with only one student absent, and after a quick check, knew that he was off sick for the day. So far so good.

"Now that we have that tedious task out of the way, I can begin. Mr Jenkins' notes are almost entirely uselless since his handwriting is virtually illegible, but for what I can gather from them, it appears that this class was tackling quadratic equations when he left."

He managed to stay focussed on the task at hand despite his constant visualizations of Mr Jenkins' last moments, as he slowed flayed the skin from his body, listening to the wails of agony as he dripped his personal cocktail of lemon juice, salt and tabasco sauce into the various wounds. Of course they wouldn't tell the students that they found most of his corpse scattered in the woods behind the school. Nor would they tell them that the hands were still missing. Much better to let them think he suddenly retired and not cause a local panic.

"I'm going to start with something simple to gauge the general abilities of the class. If 2x²+3x-27=0, what are the possible solutions for x?"
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/everlone3
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nightmares of the Past   Nightmares of the Past EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 3:19 am

"Oh my gosh, he's so dreamy," Gina sighed again, and Arisu fought to hold back the fit of laughter that threatened to disturb the classroom. She didn't want to make a bad impression the very first day he was teaching.

"Really? I think he's too serious," Arisu replied barely above a whisper, not daring to speak any louder for fear of giving in to the laughter that remained caught within her throat. "But if you're into that, be my guest," she teased.

"Now that we have that tedious task out of the way, I can begin," the new teacher's voice boomed through the air, catching the attention of everyone in the room. "Mr Jenkins' notes are almost entirely uselless since his handwriting is virtually illegible, but for what I can gather from them, it appears that this class was tackling quadratic equations when he left."

"Yeah, he's way too serious," Arisu sighed inwardly, and she pulled out her notebook and readied her pen to take some notes. That's all they ever did in this class. Take notes. It was horrible.

"I'm going to start with something simple to gauge the general abilities of the class. If 2x²+3x-27=0, what are the possible solutions for x?"

Oh, that was easy. Arisu jotted the equation down into her notebook, taking only the minimal time needed to solve the problem before raising her hand in the air. What a peice of cake.

((Yeah that's totally fine. ^^ You've just gotta tie her into it somehow, like something that would explain why she's having the dreams/visions of what he's doing, you know? Thanks for joining!))
Back to top Go down
Farseer
Otaku
Farseer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nightmares of the Past   Nightmares of the Past EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 2:54 am

OOC: I was thinking that the reason they might be so horrible is that she's watching the murders from the victim's POV, but that would require her to be somehow psychic or something similar. If you'd rather, she could've been present at one of them and has blocked it out, only catching glimpses in her sleep. Either way I'm good. It's up to you whether you want your character to be mentally sensitive to these things or not.

He notices a redhead with her hand up and motions for her to answer. "That is correct," he says after hearing her response, "3 and -4.5 are both possible answers to this equation. It appears that Mr Jenkins' teaching was far superior to his handwriting, well that is a relief."

As he continued to teach his lesson, he began to notice that the redhead that answered his first question had a slightly strange look on her face, it looked like a cross between confusion and recognition, like she thought she'd seen him before but had no idea where. He found it slightly unnerving, but not really a problem. She couldn't possibly know him, he most likely just looked like someone she knew.

She also seemed to be his star pupil, always having the answer and never being shy about sharing it. On the whole the class was good, the expected few who either didn't know or didn't care what the answer was, but fewer than he had come to expect from a class this size.

He also noticed that the readhead's friend that she kept whispering to looked at him in an entirely different way, a way that he wasn't sure he was confortable with, but that he could definately take advantage of if the need arose. She could be an excellent alibi if he could manipulate her in the right way.

"So how am I doing so far, are you finding it more or less difficult to understand with me teaching than with Mr Jenkins' teaching? If he was doing something differently and it was helpful, let me know so I can incorporate it into my teaching method."
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nightmares of the Past   Nightmares of the Past EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 9:43 pm

"Mr. Jenkins didn't look like he was attending a funeral when he taught," Arisu laughed, causing Gina to frown and dig an elbow into her rib. "Ow!" she clutched her side, trying her best not to shout at the sharp pain. "What the heck, Gina??" Apparently she hadn't thought it was funny.

"You're such a downer, Arisu. Geez, at least let me have my fun," she rolled her eyes, jotting down the last bit of notes on the white board. "Besides, he's not as bad as you make him out to be. I think he's mysterious," she huffed defensively.

"No need to get all touchy," the redhead sighed, still gently massaging the area where her friend had hit her. She hit so damn hard! "And yeah, I guess you're right. He can't be all that bad if he's getting you to take notes," she teased, sticking her tongue out and dodging another one of her friend's strikes.

"Leave me alone, will you? I'm trying to finish before I forget everything he explained," Gina snapped, and Arisu immediately backed off. Seeing her friend get so sensitive over the new teacher was pretty hilarious, but she didn't want to cause a fight over her own personal amusement.

"Sorry, sorry. I'll cut it out now," she grinned, and Gina just chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"Thanks, you're a real pal."

((Sure, that works! The psychic thing is a good idea.))
Back to top Go down
Farseer
Otaku
Farseer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nightmares of the Past   Nightmares of the Past EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 4:01 am

"Something you want to share with the rest of us?" He said sternly towards the redhead and her friend after their little exchange had concluded. "Between the laughing and the mild assault, I'd imagine it's something fairly interesting."

He waited for the reply that he knew wouldn't come, after all no-one ever shared these things in class, he just wanted to single them out and embarrass them a bit to get them to quiet down.

"As I was saying, I'm not a big fan of homework, I always hated it when I was in school so any take home exercises I give you will be completely optional, though not entirely pointless. I will count them as extra credit towards your final grade, but they will not be a requirement to pass. I will always assign these tasks on a thursday and they will be due in the following thursday, so you'll have plently of time to decide whether or not to do them."

He scanned the class to see understanding on all the students faces. He hated having to explain things to people more than once, so he wanted to be sure they all got it the first time. "This week's assignment will be the 20 questions at the end of chapter 3 in your textbooks, I believe it's page 43 but I might be mistaken."

Just then the bell for class change went off. "Before you go I would just like to recommend that those of you finding it more difficult to keep up in class do the homework, not only for the practice, but also to take up some of the slack that you might have from less than perfect marks on classwork and tests."

He then began to write things down on the small notepad on his desk, paying no attention whatsoever to the students as they shuffled out. He had to begin making plans for his next "outing" and these things took a lot of time and thought. This one would completely throw the police, they'd never expect this one.
Back to top Go down
SaphiraShijinuske
Admin
Admin
SaphiraShijinuske

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nightmares of the Past   Nightmares of the Past EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 12:10 am

Arisu and Gina both jumped to their feet at Mr. Dupree's words, shoulders back and chins up, and they bowed in apology. "Sorry," they both mumbled in unison, and they quickly took their seats once again.

They didn't dare say a word until the end of class, and when the bell rang they practically ran out of the room.

--Later on that night

"Gina...You don't think there was something weird about that new math teacher, do you?" Arisu questioned, stretching her body as far as she could down her bed with a large yawn. It was late, almost midnight, and she had just finished all of her homework.

"No way," the voice on the other side of the phone replied, and Gina let out a small laugh. "Seriously, Arisu, it's like you have something against him already. And it's only been one day! What's you're problem anyway?"

Airsu let out a sigh and plopped her head down onto her pillow, gazing up at her ceiling absent-mindedly. She was right...What was her problem? It's not like he did anything wrong. He was a good teacher, that was obvious. He knew what he was doing, and no homework? He was like an angel sent from heaven. "I don't know...Maybe it's just me, but he seems a little funny."

"It's definitely just you," her friend answered, and a frown formed on Arisu's lips. "Anyway, I'm going to bed. I can barely keep my eyes open. You should go to be too, Arisu. You like, never sleep."

"Of course I sleep, weirdo." And it was true. How would Arisu be able to continue on with her dreams otherwise? "But fine, I'll let you go. I'm tired too, anyway. Goodnight Gina."

"Nighty night, insomniac," she giggled, and she hung up the phone.

--The next day at school

Math. Again. How Arisu hated this class. She walked in and, as if on cue, rolled her eyes at her best friend's squeal.

"Oh my gawd. He looks even cuter today than he did yesterday!!" she whispered excitedly, and Arisu grabbed her hand and lead her to her seat.

"Close you're mouth, you're gonna freak him out," she sighed, and she pulled out her notebook and a spare pen for Gina. "Here," she handed it to her with a small frown. "Now please be good."

(())
Back to top Go down
Farseer
Otaku
Farseer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nightmares of the Past   Nightmares of the Past EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 1:21 am

Mr. Dupree got through the rest of the day without anything significant happening, but he couldn't get the redhead and her friend out of his mind. He decided that he would goto the office and check out their files, see if there was any useful information in them.

He walked into the file room and requested the files for the two girls, giving the excuse that they had been slightly disruptive in class and he was wondering if this was a freak occurence or if they were persistant trouble-makers. He thanked the secretary as he took the files and went back to his room, sitting down to examine them fully. There was nothing particularly special about either of them. Gina had been in trouble a few times before, mostly for talking or laughing in class, but was otherwise unremarkable. Arisu was an excellent student who's only interesting feature was that she had talked to the school nurse a few times about nightmares, giving them as the reason she didn't get much sleep and sometimes looked unwell at school. Apparently the school almost investigated her family life, thinking it might be abusive parents, but they just dropped it suddenly for no apparent reason.

Well nothing too useful in there, interesting, but not useful. He decided to try and see how easily he could manipulate the Gina girl. If he could get close enough to her to use her for something, she could be a very good asset. Plus if her and Arisu were such good friends, perhaps she could tell him why she looked at him so weird.

- The next day -

Class was running along smoothly, and Gina was still staring at him in that way that it was clear she was attracted to him. He was making sure to ask her the harder questions. Often she couldn't answer, and that was good. The worse he could make he look in terms of math ability, the more easily he could get close to her.

The bell began to ring and as they began to shuffle out of the room he stopped her. "Can I speak to you for a moment Gina. I noticed today that you seemed to be having some problems with the coursework. I hope you won't be offended if I offer you private, one-on-one tutoring to help bring your grades up."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightmares of the Past   Nightmares of the Past Empty

Back to top Go down

Nightmares of the Past
Page 1 of 1