Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Check out the banner contest!! Visit the Contest board, show your support, and post up your best banner for our site! =)
Animagic RP Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Through the Darkness

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Van the Mighty
N00b

Male
Number of posts : 29
Animunny : 43
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Through the Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Through the Darkness   Through the Darkness EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 2:51 am

Through the Darkness Wolf2

It was a dark, stormy night, wind and rain battering against a small city, making many inhabitants quake in fear as lightning flashed, and thunder boomed.

However, in an abandoned theatre, three young children were terrified for an entirely different reason, surrounded by several rough-looking men and demons, all of who were armed to the teeth and on edge, ready to fill the first thing to make an unexpected move full of bullet holes. "Hey." One of the men suddenly spoke up. "Are you sure this gambit's gonna pay off? I've heard that no one has ever escaped that guy! He's taken out half the boys already!" He exclaimed, looking around worriedly.

One of the few demons not showing any signs of fear laughed harshly. "That may be, but we're holed up in a fortified position now, and if that intel we got is correct, then that bastard won't do a thing as long as we've got the kids as hostages." He sneered, kicking the legs of one of the children, causing the tyke to whimper in fright and pain.

"Why's he after us anyway? Who sent him?" Another asked.

The demon who'd spoken earlier shrugged. "I dunno, we've all done a number of despicable things, but I can't think of any single organization that would want us all wiped out... Unless..." He murmured, looking around thoughtfully as he stroked his chin.

"Well, what is it boss?" Another of the demons asked expectantly.

The now identified boss shook his head. "y'know, there is one, but only one organization, from many years ago, that would want all of us demons gone, and any humans that associated with us- But I'd heard they'd fallen into obscurity, and faded away, a long time ago." He replied.

"Wh-who cuh-could that huh-have been?" One of the human thugs stuttured, the fear starting to overwhelm him.

The demon nodded thoughtfully. "It was-" He started, only to be interrupted violently as a coughing boom echoed throughout the ampetheater, followed by violent rumblings that threatened to shake them all off their feet...

And then the lights went out.

"Oh Hell, he's here, isn't he?!" One of the men panicked.

The boss laughed in the darkness. "Even if he is, he won't do anything if he knows what's good for him, or the brats will get it!" He yelled out, groping around for the kids, only to find nothing but air. "Wh-What the Hell? Where did the brats go?!" He exclaimed as a flash of lightning illuminated the large room, revealing that the kids were gone.

"... You do not need to worry about the children any longer, for they are safe, and you are about to be sent to the abyss..." A cold, low voice, which seemed to echo from all around, said. Another flash of lightning revealed a man, dressed from head to toe in a black cape, standing there on the stage.

"LIKE HELL WE ARE! GET 'EM BOYS!" The leader roared as he and the others opened up with their guns.

"Did we get 'em?" One of the thugs asked hopefully as the last shot ehco died down.

"I... I think so!" Another exclaimed as lightning flashed again, revealing the stage to be nothing more than a smoking ruin before all went black again.

"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. We are nothing more than dust, and to dust we shall return..." The haunting voice echoed throughout, sending the men into a blind panic before their death screams permeated the night.

Lightning flashed once more, revealing the black-cloaked figure standing amidst a pile of bodies. "Amen..." He finished, and the darkness claimed the area one last time.

*a few hours later*

That morning, the three childen, after having been knocked unconcious by the figure so that they would not witness the slaughter, had been returned to their homes unharmed- the only things that they would be suffering were nightmares for a little while because of their ordeal, but they were ok overall. Exiting the window of the last child's home after having placed her in her bed, the figure dropped to the ground before walking off, his hood still drawn up as he strode forward towards an industrial district, the morning sun shining brightly behind him.

"Hn hn hn hn... I didn't know you cared for kids so much."

The figure stopped in his tracks, turning his head so that he was facing a long, dark alley-way situated between a pair of warehouses, quickly spotting a man leaning against one of the buildings, dressed smartly in a black suit, smoking a cigarette while adjusting his sunglasses. "So I take it the job was done?" He asked, removing the cigarette from his mouth.

The man in the black cloak nodded. "Yes, all of the targets were wiped out, not one escaped." He replied, his voice, as hard as steel and sharp as a razor cutting through the morning air, even though he spoke in barely more than a whisper.

The suited man nodded, kicking off from the wall before sauntering over to the other figure. "Good, good. Here's your pay. You have three days off before your next mission, so make the most of it, eh?" With that, he stepped back into the alley, disappearing into the inky darkness.

The cloaked figure looked down at the invelope in his hand. "Well now, let's see what I can do with this..." He murmured before sticking it in a pocket and walking off.

Several hours later, at an orphanage, one of the younger attendants bustled to the front door after it had been rung, wiping her hands on a dish-towel. "Hello? How may I help you?" She asked, opening the door, only to find a young man standing there, holding a large box on one shoulder and another under his arms. "Wh-wh-wh-" She stuttured, drinking in the man in front of her. He was about 6'1, wearing black clothes with a white collar and the type of face she'd only ever seen a few times, along with piercing, pale blue eyes and jet-black hair that was pulled back in a pony-tail. "What can I do for you?" She managed to squeak, blushing.

The man nodded to the boxes. "I'm a travelling priest, and I thought I would bring some joy to the children of this orphanage, so I come bearing toys for them." He said, walking in as she opened the door for the rest of the way for him.

The attendant nodded. "Yes father, just take your gifts into the living room, and I'll fetch the matron directly." She replied, pointing to where the living room was before dashing off toward's the matron's office. "Ma'am! We've got a guest here who has brought presents for the children, and he's a priest!" She exclaimed, bursting into the older woman's office.

The matron, hearing that, smiled. "Well isn't that nice. Shall we go greet our guest properly?" She asked, getting up from her desk and following the attendant to where the man was. WHen they got there, however, the found that the kids had already gotten to him, and were now scattered across the living room, playing with the various toys while he sat off to the side, a small smile on his lips upon seeing how happy the children were. "Father! Thank you for your generous donation." The matron said, bustling over to him even as he stood up.

The man nodded his head. "It was my pleasure. Bringing smiles to these poor little children is the only thanks that I need. I've got something else here..." He said, reaching into a pocket before pulling out an envelope and handing it to the matron. "Here, another small donation from me." He offered before making his way to the door.

The matron, upon opening the envelope and seeing all of the money inside, almost fainted. "Wait, father! We surely can't accept such a generous donation!" She exclaimed.

The man stopped at the front door before looking back. "There is no amount that is too great to help the innocent of the world. Please take it madam, and make sure that the children are happy." With that, he disappeared through the door, closing it behind him. As he walked down to the sidewalk, he suddenly stopped, tilting his head to the side.

Someone was watching him.
Back to top Go down
Mystiikins
Otaku Prince/Princess
Mystiikins

Female
Number of posts : 534
Animunny : 674
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Through the Darkness   Through the Darkness EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 3:12 am

Through the Darkness Tifa_lockhart__by_ravenskar

Lexi stayed standing in the shade of a near by tree her arms crossed over her stomach, leaving her black sunnines in place she gave a small laugh "Enjoy the company of the kiddies?" she leered as she turned her head to look at him. She had worked with a few times and it seemed she might have to again.

Pushing off the tree she walked towards him as she slipped her sunnines onto the top of her head showing her cheery red contacts that she always wore to be different "Been on any new missions, Father?" she teased having listened to most of his conversation with the young girl that had opened the door for him. Shaking her head slightly she placed her hands on her hips.

Giving a laugh she started to walk past him as she slipped her sunnies back on "Come on, your working with me" she said smirking over her shoulder at him, looking back in front of her she rolled her eyes as she watched some children play games on the foothpath "I don't see peoples attractions to children" she sighed.

She had always been an only child though that never stopped her from disliking other children whe she had the chance, "Enjoying your work?" she asked simply as if they were the best of friends and nothing could pull them apart, "How many people have you been to see?" she asked with a laugh reffering to the demons easily.

(Ooc: Sorry if it's bad I'm pretty sick at the moment)
Back to top Go down
Van the Mighty
N00b

Male
Number of posts : 29
Animunny : 43
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Through the Darkness   Through the Darkness EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 7:44 pm

Through the Darkness Wolf2

Ken looked over at Lexi, his face expressionless. "It is no attraction. Children are the only true innocents in the world, and as a man of the cloth, I will do what I can to help protect and nurture that innocence, so that one day they may be able to grow up as good people, and help make this a better place for everyone to live in." He replied, his voice an even monotone. "A girl like you would do well to learn from the innocence of children. Or at least you should join the church and repent. Maybe you would even be able to make it into the paladin division." He went on, his voice slightly droning as he pulled out a cigarette and lit up.

Just then, a presence made itself known behind them, and the black-suited man that Ken had met with earlier appeared between them, giving them both a creepy smile, his eyes hidden behind his sunglasses. "Now now Ken, you know you shouldn't go into deeper detail, even with outer mercenaries that we may work with." He said. "In any case, I have your new assignment. It appears that the former mayor of this very city has sold his soul to the Devil in order for a chance to win the next election, and apparently, he's working with and providing funding to a shadow organization. YOur job is to get in without being seen, find the former mayor, and kill him." He said cryptically.

Ken nodded, accepting the mission. "Alright then." He agreed.

(ooc: ^^ There's nothing wrong with your post! I was just tryin' ta figure out how to reply is all.)
Back to top Go down
Mystiikins
Otaku Prince/Princess
Mystiikins

Female
Number of posts : 534
Animunny : 674
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Through the Darkness   Through the Darkness EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:17 pm

Through the Darkness Tifa_lockhart__by_ravenskar

"But not all of the children will grow up to want to help the world....But I do hope a lot more will want to help the world rather then see it go down hill" Lexi said levely her voice not changing at all. "I like helping the church when I can, but joining isn't up my ally I'd rather not be told what to do. Why repent when I have more fun doing my own thing" Lexi laughed as she shook her head slightly.

Lexi glanced at the man that was suddenly inbetween them, not liking his smile at all she raised an eyebrow slightly as she looked straight ahead listening to their conversation as they continued walking. As soon as the man stopped talking she glanced towards Ken slightly "Need any help with that?" she asked with a slight smirk.

She needed something to keep her entertained while she was around to stop herself from getting bored, even through when people told her they didn't need help she still turned up to help them, glancing at Ken again she crossed her arms over her stomach comfortably looking cassual.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Through the Darkness   Through the Darkness Empty

Back to top Go down

Through the Darkness
Page 1 of 1